Author Topic: REALLY need to VENT!!! Long...  (Read 6524 times)

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
REALLY need to VENT!!! Long...
« on: August 02, 2007, 11:37:44 pm »
Gosh, I have a biggest headache and plenty of tears in my eyes because some people drive me insane!!! Here I go...

Do any of you have to deal with daily conversations with neighbors about your dog NOT peeing on their lawn even though you are not letting your dog to do so but just walking near their property??? Or should I ask how often does it happen to you all?

It seems like I can't enjoy walking my dog anymore because everyone is pooping out to "remind" me not to let my dog on their lawns. And the funny part is that I am very responsible about it and I even pick poops of other dogs when I see it while I am walking.

There is an old couple in my neighborhood (I already had "that" conversation with them!)who knock the h*ll out of their windows EVERY TIME I walk by....JUST WALKING! Today it happened again and ....I went all out with my anger and very bad language. I can't take it any longer!!!

Thank you for listening  :'(
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

marypyrs

Re: REALLY need to VENT!!! Long...
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2007, 12:28:11 am »
Oh For Crying Out Loud!  >:( What's the matter with people!  ???

Has this particular couple ever even actually 'Met' Lily? GURRRRR!! People! Do they have a pet? I wonder if they perhaps have a cat that they let run loose to hunt song birds & use other peoples gardens for litter boxes.

Just ignore them. You're not doing anything wrong. Put Lily's Therapy Dog vest on and walk her with pride. And give her an EXTRA BIG HUG from "Auntie Jane"!  :-*

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 12:36:13 am »
They don't have a pet BUT the man said he loves dogs and he has nothing against Lily he just doesn't want for her pee on his lawn and SHE DOESN'T! That is why I don't understand why he has to KNOCK on his windows every time I walk by! People are crazy!!!
Mary W. Crane

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 12:42:07 am »
OK, I feel better now...my husband is going to talk to these people after dinner! He is very "people oriented" and will tell them nicely NOT to bother his wife and dog  ;D
Mary W. Crane

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2007, 12:50:56 am »
Hahahaha, I'm sorry, but the (insert curse word) in me immediately imagined how hard I would be laughing when those people finally break the window with the tapping.

The world is full of loonies.  When they bang on their window (which is making me laugh again, cuz what do they do, sit at the window all day waiting for you to walk by?), smile your most obnoxious smile, wave, maybe even strike a pose for them.  Then you keep on walking that beautiful girl of yours.

That's what I should have done, but I just couldn't control myself at that point...You must be a better person that I am OR does it come with the age? (I mean the wiseness  ???)
Mary W. Crane

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2007, 01:10:42 am »
 :-\that stinks. have you told them that memory longjevity is not affected by window tapping? possibly they are not aware that it is not necessary to remind people who dont need reminding... do they do this to every one or just you?
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2007, 02:55:05 am »
I am all for the BPO walk and trust me I alone with my crew could set those little old folks back a few years. I fortunately dont have these issues since we live way out in the country and our dogs get to run the acreage and poop and pee where ever they want, so not sure how I would have responded. Maybe once your husband speaks to them they will shut up. Also another thought- are you walking Lilly on the sidewalks, if so, the grass between the sidewalk and the street is city property, Miss Lilly can releive herself there, preferably in front of the window that they are so fond of tapping on...

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2007, 03:29:07 am »
I am all for the BPO walk and trust me I alone with my crew could set those little old folks back a few years. I fortunately dont have these issues since we live way out in the country and our dogs get to run the acreage and poop and pee where ever they want, so not sure how I would have responded. Maybe once your husband speaks to them they will shut up. Also another thought- are you walking Lilly on the sidewalks, if so, the grass between the sidewalk and the street is city property, Miss Lilly can releive herself there, preferably in front of the window that they are so fond of tapping on...
Yes, the only way we walk is on sidewalks. And if, only if, she has to go again (after peeing on our lawn from the beginning) that's where I let her go, that little strip of grass in between on parking lot and sidewalk. And I did have  a conversation with someone about that as well, LOL Some people claim it as theirs since they maintain it (they should not) and told me that they will put poison on that little strip to keep us away!

By the way, the idea of having all big paws in my neighborhood sounds awesome!!! I can throw a feast for that!!!
Mary W. Crane

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2007, 04:27:55 am »
I do three things, I switch it up to I dunno make it snazzy!? I will say though that I am BIG TIME poop PICKER upper. I NEVER leave a turd. I have used paper towel, a piece of newspaper (if I've forgotten a poo bag). HA! Usually I have poo bags tied to the boys leashes so it's like HELLO these definitely aren't on here for decoration! On that note,

1. I give a BIG double thumbs up with like a sh*t eating grin as I walk by (this definitely shuts people up).

2. I wear an ipod (only in one ear, the left) and act like I can't hear people and like I don't notice them.

3. I just ignore and keep walking. I don't need my walk ruined by someone.

I think there was one more but I'm blanking! If I remember I'll put it!

Bahahahaha you sound like me. I was going to say when they know on the window turn and waive with a huge smile like "OH, HI, thanks for saying hi to me" You could even be cute and stop and pick Lily's paw up and have her waive. LMFAO...they may leave you alone simply because they think you are nuts!!!
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

marypyrs

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2007, 04:46:13 am »
OMG!  ??? Poison? That's just plain SICK!  >:(

I think you'd better move out here to the country! (Not that there aren't some Wackos out here too.)

Are you in a Township? Or a Town? I'd take it to the Town Board or City Councel.

I'm all for coming in for the BPO WALK! Paige's Crew alone would freak them out! (Remember the Mail Man?) I'll bring my two big fuzzy puppers PLUS - - - - - BUGSY THE WONDER HORSE! That'll get their attention. & they won't worry so much about dog pee anymore. hahahahahahaha ha!

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2007, 05:40:45 am »
Ah old people (no offense to any old people here ;) ).  Alot of them have nothing better to do than annoy neighbors.  We had one that lived 2 houses down from us that about 2 days after we moved in put in a complaint about the length of our grass.  Now granted, it was about 4 ft high in the backyard but give us a week or so to get it done.  I actually saw him walk by on regular occasions and check the length of our lawn.  He put in another complaint a few months later for it being about 2 inches too long.  For pete's sake, get a life!

I'm all for ignoring them.
Or better yet, do they take walks?  Try tapping on your window every time you see them pass to make sure they aren't ruining your lawn.  ;D

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2007, 05:53:32 am »
Here's an idea for you.  Next time the neighbors are out and say something to you just go up and say "I just want to reassure you that Lily will not be peeing in your yard.  But, just to let you know that I have incontinence and well when you gotta go you gotta go."  Then just walk away and laugh quietly to yourself at the look on their faces. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2007, 04:52:49 am »
::Hangs head:: I admit it. I'm a BP owner and a window tapper. I'm so ashamed! Well, I'm not a window tapper so much as a window starer-er.

No matter who walks Jager we always ALWAYS clean it up. Obviously, pee you can't. But, thats why he most time aims for the telephone poles. However, he doesn't poop in the front yard because thats where my 2yo niece plays and I don't need her eattin' a "snickers."

My neighbors kids have a little rat-looking fuzzy thing that drives Jager crazy. The walk their dog across the street (to my side of the road) then stop in front of my house and let that little ankle bitter pee and poop all over my yard (my side of the sidewalk not the cities side) then leave without pickin it up! The human ankle bitters just look at Jager and I in the window as Jagers trying to go through the window. It does not good to ask because they just bring the dog out more!

I'm seriously thinking about letting Jager chow down on a little too much peanut butter and walking him too their yard and stand there for a while. It's really hard to pick up liquid.....

As far as the poison thing goes, I'd give them a little human poison like ex-lax in baked goods but thats taking it seriously to the extreme! LOL I'm evil I know.
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2007, 03:52:48 pm »

I actually leashed up one of my dogs a number of years ago and followed a poop-leaver home to their house. When they came out to ask me why I had been hanging around their front yard for 20 minutes I told them I was there to return the favor. Then I handed them a plastic bag and offered to show them the way back if they didn't remember where the deposit had been left. They changed their walking route AFTER they came back and cleaned it up.
Stella

That would work if they weren't like 8 and 10 years old. Their mom doesn't like them wandering too far.
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2007, 01:47:44 am »
Luckily, people in my neighborhood are hyper-spazes about the poo issue, and they all walk around with bags. Still, I lurk at my window just to make sure! My dogs are rotten on leashes, so I prefer to take them up the street to the dog park, and certainly I clean up after them!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python