Author Topic: What to do if encounter a bad dog when with your dogs?!  (Read 5007 times)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: What to do if encounter a bad dog when with your dogs?!
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2007, 10:37:51 am »
This is a scary situation. I hope the authorities will respond appropriately and make sure he never menaces anyone again. But no matter what, I would consider getting a can of citronella spray- marketed to break up dog fights- which works wonders from my limited experience.

Best of luck!

I have also seen citronella spray used.  It was quick, painless and extremely effective.  Some come with a belt/waistband clip so that you can keep it handy.  I believe that it will direct a stream a couple of feet away, also.  I've been meaning to order a can to have on hand in case we are approached by an aggressive dog.  Thanks for the reminder.   ;)  ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline mynameislola

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: What to do if encounter a bad dog when with your dogs?!
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2007, 04:31:33 pm »
Please be careful using anything like mace.  If the wind blows it around, you can wind up macing you and your dog.  Carry milk to wash it out of eyes.

Out here people practice their golfing while walking their dogs.  Bring a sturdy putter and a golf ball or two.  The putter alone is a weapon, so don't forget the golf balls.
The canine kids:
     Cody Newfoundland
     Wally Italian Mastiff
     Zita Italian Mastiff
     Sparky Chihuahua