Author Topic: weird things my dane loves....  (Read 2162 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
weird things my dane loves....
« on: August 05, 2007, 03:11:49 am »
Ok, I find this kind of weird. There are two things that just make my dane melt.

A. She loves when you make little kisses all over her muzzle and head.
B. She loves when you whisper ohhhhh so softly in her ear.

Its weird, she just closes her eyes and falls into you, like its something absolutely amazing. I don't get why she loves it so much. Anyway I just wanted to share that, I was wondering if anyone else finds it kind of odd (but cute) and if anyone elses pups had any weird things they liked.
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: weird things my dane loves....
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 06:18:47 am »
Max does different little things like that too. like when he wants to cuddle at night time, he takes his whole head and shoves it entirely under the pillow im laying on, :) always works. I think it's also a little wierd (and seriously hillarious) when Max is jealous of another dog getting attention from me, he'll get imbetween me and the other dog and sit ontop of the other dog. no agression or tension at all... and then he'll swing his head around and look down at them like he's saying " ha! whadda ya think of that!"

I havent seen any thing too wierd from Boog yet other than the way he sleeps...
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 03:52:53 pm »
omg boog got sooooooo big!! the last time i saw him he was just a little tyke!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 03:54:09 pm »
my dane sleeps like that in bed. she sleeps between my man and i and its like shes trying to be a human and sleep like us lol. she tends to get on her back like that then take her front legs and put them around one of our heads. its cute

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 04:04:18 pm »
Scooby LOVES having his ears q-tipped clean ( weird ) but what he loves more is getting on the bed with us facing us with that hot breath and then as we fall asleep he changes and puts his butt in our face and then... oh yes HE FARTS!

Yuck  Yuck  Yuck- and he'll lift his head up and look down to see what the reaction is, what a rotten dog.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2007, 08:15:39 pm »
hahaha yeah doggie farts stink...

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 05:40:27 am »
Ranger likes to sleep in the bed like a person, too.  On his back with his head on the pillow.  He tries to sit on the couch like a person, too.  He gets up on the couch and sits with his back to you, then kind of kicks off with his front legs and twists his back around until he is sitting upright in a vaguely human-like position.  Then he looks at you like, "Yeah, check it out - this is how people sit!"

He also likes to wedge his face in between your arm and your body, almost like he is trying to hide.  He does this all the time when he is being petted or is cuddling.  He isn't too big on licking faces, but whon the rare occasions that he does, he absolutely must follow with a face-wedge - as if he is shy or embarrased that he kissed you.

Semi-example of a person sit - it is more upright, and forward-facing, though.  He apparently has no spine, as he contorts himself into the weirdest poses.
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 03:29:41 am »
Jager sleeps on his back with no modesty for anything. He just lets it all hang out! I'll sit on the floor with my legs out and he'll lay in my lap on his back with his head on my stomach and purr. Yes, Jager will purr. I'm starting to think he might have been a cat or human in a past life because he cries "mom" too. If he has to og in his crate because elderly people are around that aren't steady he will whimper and cry "mooooooooom" until he's allowed back out!

If I can get a video of it I'll post it!
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat