Author Topic: Today is the day!!!!!!  (Read 3578 times)

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
Today is the day!!!!!!
« on: August 05, 2007, 03:43:24 pm »
We bring home our new puppy today. I feel like I'm bringing a baby home from the hospital.  It's been 9 years since I had a puppy to train. I expect to get very little sleep tonight we are going to crate her in our room tonight and home we can keep her somewhat quiet so she does'nt keep the boys up all night.  I will take pictures tonight and post them as soon as I can.

Becky
Phoebe 1-1/2 Yr.Great Pyrenees
MollyGirl No longer with us Pyr/Springer mix

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Today is the day!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2007, 04:31:17 pm »
How wonderfull!!! Congratulation s!

I have been getting the best sleep since I brought Lily home. She din't cry or asked to go out once from the first day until now. You might get just as lucky!  ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2007, 07:57:02 pm »

I have been getting the best sleep since I brought Lily home. She din't cry or asked to go out once from the first day until now. You might get just as lucky!  ;)

Thanks any tips for making it easier on her transition?
Becky

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2007, 08:03:02 pm »

Thanks any tips for making it easier on her transition?
Try not to bring her sraight in the house. Bring her outside on your property first, play different games with lots of tiny, little treats...wear her out. Then bring her in and let her sniff anywhere she wants and put treats in different places so she can find it and will think of your home as the most wonderfull place. I used chopped hotdogs and baked liver  ;D Puppies sleep a lot, so she will probably not even be awake 90% of the time. Enjoy!!!
Please post pictures ASAP!!!
Mary W. Crane

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2007, 08:03:41 pm »
Aw how exciting and congratulation s. Post tons of pics!

Offline MollyGirl

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 03:12:06 pm »

We did get so lucky we all had a great night sleep Phoebe did not make one peep she is just wonderful and is adjusting well.  Eating,drinking, I was a little concerned she wouldnt drink or eat lastnight but today I mixed a little cottage cheese in with her kibble and she ate it up. She seems to know that pooping and peeing is for outside.  I have some pics. but I have no idea how to put them up.
Becky

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 03:43:36 pm »

We did get so lucky we all had a great night sleep Phoebe did not make one peep she is just wonderful and is adjusting well.  Eating,drinking, I was a little concerned she wouldnt drink or eat lastnight but today I mixed a little cottage cheese in with her kibble and she ate it up. She seems to know that pooping and peeing is for outside.  I have some pics. but I have no idea how to put them up.

Good girl, Phoebe!!!

When you make a post click on "additional options" and the "browse" button will show up. Then you can upload it. Just make sure each picture is less that 400 KB (that was my biggest problem!) YAY, can't wait!!! Hurry up!!!  :-*
Mary W. Crane

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 04:18:05 pm »
Wow that's great! pyrs are such good dogs! post those pics. Hurry can't wait to see the little darling.