Author Topic: Awwww, Why does Lola have to be such a twit?  (Read 3074 times)

Lyn

Awwww, Why does Lola have to be such a twit?
« on: August 06, 2007, 06:06:27 am »
I was put on a waiting list for a male Newf pup almost 3 years ago. Back before we got Bubba or Lola. Well I just recieved an email that the breeder has an available pup and she wanted to know if we were still interested.

Thanks to Lola and her multipe personalities with other dogs, it's a no even though I so want to jump up and down and scream yes! :D

AHHHH! Talk about pouring salt in my puppy fever wounds! :'(
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:07:03 am by Lyn »

Offline Leah...

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Awwww, Why does Lola have to be such a twit?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 11:40:24 am »
Oh, I have been getting puppy fever soo bad lately (which is sad because I HAVE a puppy) But almost as bad as wanting a puppy is wanting a kitten. And it is just as impossible for us. Rose (our resident Biyatch) hates other cats, so I can't have another cat. We've even gone so far as to bring in strays, neighbors cats (we steal them for a couple hours a week) and friends kittens, but nope! We're a one-cat family!

I already have plans to move out and get a job, a husband and a Spinone, then right after that comes the white persian named Kwellen. (sorry Jenn, I stole your name!)
Leah
Mom to:
Sky- Australian Shepherd
Sammie- Newfoundland/Border Collie mix
Rose- Tortie/Tabby cat
Stinky- Silver Marten rabbit
Ruby, Mambo and Charlotte- Rats
Trevor- Frog
13 Millipedes
NO LONGER WITH US
Bailey the Wolf-Dog 1998-2007
Spanky- Rabbit 2000-2007

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 04:20:48 pm »
I've come to realize that dogs are like chips, you can't stop at just one! I have my pup Tripper and my 2 adults and I'm already thinking of getting another in the spring. Should I just shoot myself now?

Lyn

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 06:31:48 pm »
I tried to talk my hubby into going out and seeing the breeder dogs and the pups. Just to satisfy my puppy fever and so I can cuddle some gorgeous Newfies. But he said no because then he'll want to bring one home. LOL So it looks like he's got some puppy fever going on too. :D

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 06:49:31 pm »
You guy's have puppy fever like I always have baby fever.That's funny.I was fully prepared to bring home another pup, but with all thats going on now..... well we are gonna wait awhile.With a pending adoption and being 3+ months pregnant I don't think I need another pup right now and hubby agrees.lol.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Lyn

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 07:05:07 pm »
LOL Yes he does know me well. hahaah When I said I just wanted to cuddle some fuzzy Newfies he said uh huh.. riiiiight. :D

But Lola is going to a behaviourist on Thursday. I know I can't get a puppy now, but someday I'd like to be able to.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 07:05:43 pm »
As much as Sierra drives me absolutely CRAZY, I would get another Newf in a heartbeat.  I think my puppy fever is more specialized in that I only want a Newf or Siberian Husky pup.  I'm not really interested in getting any other breed at this point.  Jeff on the other hand is perfectly happy with the dogs we have now and will kick me and my big paws to the curb if I come home with another!  LOL!

Is Lola so bad that she can't be introduced slowly?  Even if it's a male pup?
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Lyn

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 07:13:50 pm »
She's complicated. Some puppies she loves, some she will immediately threaten with bodily harm. Adult dogs she hates period.

She 'may' be ok with a male pup. But it's not something I want to chance. I swore I wouldn't get another puppy again unless we get her issues worked out. I would be heartbroken if I had to return the pup to the breeder because of Lola.

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2007, 07:30:24 pm »
ugh i know. i want another pup so bad. Chloe is only 4 months old and has made us almost bankrupt (lol) but i would love to get another dane pup. i keep looking at them online and saying "awww omg how cute" and showing my man. but we just dont have the room or the time right now. UGH, it makes me want to buy a big house and fill it with little puppies and roll in them all and giggle!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2007, 07:35:47 pm »
As I'm in day 20 of merging a 2 yr old Newf (monster pup) and a spoiled rotten 7 yr old springer and a 12 yr old don't bother me unless I want it cocker, I can tell ya it's beyond rough and if I knew then what I know now .. well heck, I'd still do it.  But if I'd known a few months in advance I would have definately taken the springer and doggy socialized him and built my cocker spaniel a cave to hide in to avoid the romping paws of the pup.  We're down to maybe one confrontation every other day.   :o OUCH
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2007, 08:04:30 pm »
She's complicated. Some puppies she loves, some she will immediately threaten with bodily harm. Adult dogs she hates period.

She 'may' be ok with a male pup. But it's not something I want to chance. I swore I wouldn't get another puppy again unless we get her issues worked out. I would be heartbroken if I had to return the pup to the breeder because of Lola.

What are the possibilities that you and Lola can meet the breeder and puppy at a neutral spot, like a park she's never been to, and see how she reacts to the pup?

I'm just trying to think of some sort of solution...

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Lyn

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2007, 10:07:51 pm »
Oh I'm still on the list. ;) She just skipped over me for now. She breeds Black and Landseer.. and I'm thinking now I might want a grey. ;) Hubby doesn't care what color it is as long as he gets his newfie.

Newly Newfed,

My hubby had bought me a 8 week old rough coat female Saint this past february for my birthday. This was before we realized how just how bad Lola's issues were. We had her 2 weeks and Lola litterally attempted to kill her. She'd picked her up by the stomach/head and slam her into the floor. She would bite her repeatedly in the seconds it took for me to step in. The poor thing was terrified and I was a nervous wreck.

So as much as I want to make it work right this second I don't trust Lola, I honestly don't know if I ever will. I'd be a nervous wreck waiting for disaster.  :'(
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 10:08:33 pm by Lyn »

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 09:42:39 pm »
Oh, I guess I'm out of suggestions... I didn't realize she was that bad...

Lola, can't you get it through your big, beautiful Bernard head that Mom and Dad have enough love for all of you???

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret