Author Topic: Sad ending  (Read 4599 times)

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
Sad ending
« on: August 06, 2007, 09:55:55 pm »
Well my divorce is just getting worse and uglier!!!! I dont get to see the boys anymore, so I have decided to rehome them. I have found a very nice person who is taking both of the boys so they get to stay together. This is not at all how I wanted it to end but I had no other option and its what is best for my boys. If you are going to bash me go right ahead, really my life cant get any worse then it already is!!! I am sorry i let everyone down but I HAD to do this, I couldnt watch my boys suffer any longer and me not able to do anything about it. I am at the house to bathe them and get them ready for their new home. They will be leaving here in about an hour  :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
Re: Sad ending
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 09:59:30 pm »
I am so sorry for you, I know it must break your heart.Your in my thoughts.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 10:02:40 pm »
Why do you think people will bash you? I don't now the full story about you and your dogs, but I'm guessing you are doing what is right for them. I'm sure the new owner will let you come visit them. I am truly sorry for yoru situation and can't possible imagine what kind of pain and heartache you must be feeling. If anyone dose decide to sent some words that aren't nice it's because they didn't have to make the same decisions as you . good luck to you and take care of YOURSELF!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2007, 10:48:13 pm »
I also don't know your story, but apparently it's not good.  I'm so sorry to hear you have to rehome your boys.  I have had to do that and even though you know it's the best decision for them, it doesn't make it any easier.  I'm glad you were able to find someone who will keep them together.  I admire you for putting their quality of life as your top priority.  Know that you are in all of our thoughts.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2007, 10:52:14 pm »
Oh Blair - my heart just breaks for you! You have made the most difficult and selfless decision regarding your boys. You did not let anyone down, esp. not your boys. You are an amazing, loving mom who is doing the best for her babies! Sending you tons and tons of hugs and keeping y'all in our thoughts!

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 11:14:04 pm »
They just left  :'( :'( I really hate Ben for making me do this!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Blair

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 11:24:49 pm »
Is there any way in the future when you get back into a better position that you can get the boys back???

I wont be on my feet and in a position to have them back in a year or maybe more. I cant take them away after this family would of had them for that long and bonded with them!!! The pain i feel right now I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy!!!

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 11:44:58 pm »
Is there any way in the future when you get back into a better position that you can get the boys back???

I wont be on my feet and in a position to have them back in a year or maybe more. I cant take them away after this family would of had them for that long and bonded with them!!! The pain i feel right now I wouldnt wish on my worst enemy!!!
i struggled with leaving Lady with my ex for a long long year.  she's the reason i stayed with him as long as i did.  i stayed for lady and she was hard to leave behind.  i know how you feel...you will always miss them.  but they will be fine...and they will be happy.  and you will fill that void in time.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 12:02:25 am »
I feel so helpless.  I know how you feel and it kills me because I also know that nothing I could say will help.  I'm so, so sorry for what you are going through.
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline jagersmom

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 12:15:31 am »
I am SO sorry you had to rehome your boys.

Don't let anyone that is not in your situation bash you. If they are not in it, they can't pass judgement on you.

We're all here for you.
Dogs laugh.... by wagging their tails

Annette, mother to:

Jagermeister - Bullmastiff
Bacardi - DSH terror cat

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 01:09:48 am »
Blair no one hates you- I think that our hearts are breaking for you- I am so sorry that you had to part with the boys- that is tough. I know that if you allowed them to go, then they are going to a good home and these people will love them as much as you. I know that it would be hard to go and see them, but keep that open as an option. Also, I think that we all hate Ben right now. He is a selfish *&$#@@%^&&^*&.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 01:29:51 am »
OH, I am so sorry that you had to do this.  But you know the boys are together and that you did what was right by them for the situation.  You have their best interest at heart.  I hate that you were put into such a situation, but you are handling it valiantly!!  Take care of yourself and your girls, you have made sure the boys are in good hands.

God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 03:32:35 am »
I'm so sorry that you had to find a new home for your dogs it is ever so obvious how much you love them and want what is best for them.

Randy & Harley

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 05:00:33 am »
I am sooo sorry. Life is so unfair sometimes, and you can only do so much. You have your boys best interests in mind, that is all you can do.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 07:37:15 am »
Blair, sweetie, no one is going to bash you for making the decision that you did.  We all know how much you love those boys.  You just made a huge sacrifice - loving them enough to put them into a better situation than you can currently give them.  I am so, so sorry - I can only imagine how sad you are.  But you made the right decision.  Hang in there...
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*