Author Topic: Unsure of my options  (Read 14996 times)

Offline heidismom

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Re: Unsure of my options
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 11:52:53 pm »
oh my goodness, what a totally sucky situation.  i hope soon mr big will be back with you where he belongs. 

Offline choralone

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2007, 12:20:58 pm »
sorry paige and everyone for the late response. we had to leave the city as they started calling so they could rub it in that they won. so we left for pryor to spend time with our adopted mom coleen and just get away from all of this for a night. when we got back though i called the police and filed a larceny charge against them for stealing things from us when they left. i was surprised the officers this time were very nice and sympathetic about mr.big. they said the detectives will log any information regarding the dogs and as i am sure they are keeping him someplace horrible the next step is that they will call the spca to collect both of the dogs. . so in the mean time we get to wait and see what happens. they called again to remind us of what they think of us and me, about 3 hour's ago so im here i dont know anyone else i can talk to about all of this so im sorry if i go off a bit. anyway the next stage in all of this is simple really im going to let them know that i will forget and forgive everything on the condition that they give the dogs back.i very much so hope that this works. on a kind of brighter side of things if this does all turn out for the best we are leaving Tulsa Oklahoma and moving to Minnesota i hope mr big is with us when we go and that jezabell is in stillwater with my mom. anyway it's almost five here so i am off for now i hope i wasn't to much of a down note sorry if i was. i'll be back soon and let you all know how things went.. 

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2007, 01:46:06 pm »
Good for you for filing the report- Remember, I have some really good contacts in that area, so as soon as the SPCA is contacted, let me know. Have you found out where he is yet? You have my cell phone number, stay in touch. I wasnt sure what was going on, but you know maybe this will all just work out- if not keep on the charges and make thier life miserable. But again, can you get me an address where they have the dog, also start checking the shelters in case they turn him in?

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2007, 04:44:33 am »
I know it's only been a few days, but I was wondering if you had any updates on Mr. Big yet?
I'm pulling for you (as I'm sure everyone else here is too)!
Please keep up up to date on all that's happening, I wish there was more I could do to help.  I hope my happy thoughts help.  Keep your chin up, good things happen to good people.  ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

marypyrs

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2007, 05:25:43 am »
Oh My! I've missed all these updates from the start. (computer problems & getting kicked out).

I can't believe it!  ??? ??? ??? How horrible what you have been going through! What the heck is WRONG with people?

Thoughts and prayers are with you. You have Paige backing you up and it doesn't get any better than that.

Minnesota is a great place to live. Well, to me anyway. And Mr. Big would LOVE it too. Good Luck! Good Thoughts!   

Offline Krystal_00

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2007, 09:13:52 am »
I'm coming into this pretty late (Im always around, just reading)

But what....the... .heck!?!?!  My heart breaks for you guys. I hope you get that sweet sweet boy back. And WHEN you do, I reccomend micro-chipping him on the double! That way he is yours, and they can never claim otherwise!!

Grrrr what kind of people treat a dog like a pawn to hurt someone else? Calling you and rubbing it in >:(

I hope when you get Mr. Big (Mixer Big? haha!) back...you have a long and happy life with him. Good luck.
When the last fish has been caught and the last tree has been cut down...Only then will man realize that he cannot eat money.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2007, 10:24:57 am »
I am so sorry that Mr Big was taken away and I sure hope that he's back with you soon!!  I'm sure that Paige is able to help with all of this, but is there anyone within the local Pyr Rescue that could help quietly check on Mr Big, too?  Just to have another set of eyes watching to see if he's doing ok or maybe they'll have some additional ideas of how to get him out of that place!  Also, if these people that have Mr Big are so short of money, I wonder if someone within rescue or someone that we know could pose as a person visiting their neighborhood who sees Mr Big (if he's outdoor?) and offer to buy him?  If they don't care about him (as their treatment of him clearly shows...grrrr. ...) then maybe they'd part with him for the right amount of money as long as they don't think that he's going to end up with you, since they're carrying a grudge now.   :(  I'm grasping at straws here, I'm afraid, but it's a thought.   :-\ 
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2007, 07:56:49 am »
Just giving this one a little bump to see if anyone knows anything new about Mr. Big.
I hope it didn't end badly.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!