Author Topic: Chaos and Destruction  (Read 2773 times)

bigdogs@5501

Chaos and Destruction
« on: August 07, 2007, 01:50:58 am »
It is too hot here for the pups to be outside during the day- so I came home today and Tuggles had once again destroyed a couch and Mille destroyed a door. You know if you couldnt laugh you would have to cry- laughing is more fun...

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
Re: Chaos and Destruction
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:41:58 am »
My biggest fear.  I absolutely HATE to crate Sadie at night but I would also hate to hate her if she began chewing on the antiques and new couches.  I have given into my guilt and am anxiously awaiting the giant indoor kennel I ordered. OUCH
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 04:05:14 pm »
Between Noah, Annie and Merri they have cost me a new dining room table and chairs,  3 couches, 1 chair,some clothes and shoes, carpets, blinds, books, all 6 seat belts in my van twice, and I'm sure I'm forgetting some things. So I crate Tripper now. And I think he'll be crated for a long time. Annie doesn't dstroy stuff anymore but Merri still does, so she's back to being crated. I was always afraid to go home because I knew something else was going to be trashed. But I still love them. Some of my friends would say just get rid of them, and I would answer are you going to get rid of your young shild when he starts breaking things? Shuts them right up! And what is a giant indoor kennel?

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 04:41:36 pm »
Oh, and I thought Sierra was bad with the chewing.  The worst thing she chews now is shoes and pens.  It used to be anything she can get her little teeth around...the chairs, her crate the cats, us...  The pens can be bad because our house is alomost completely carpeted...  Thank goodness though, we've never had trouble with her destroying furniture...
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 05:21:05 pm »
Oh my dear lab lucy has cost me 2 couches almost EVERY kid toy she can snatch and run with Every set of mini blinds in our 2 story house, and not to mention until we broke down and installed really nice hardwood floors... recarpeting 3 times in 7 years. I actually called my mom one day after I had come home and the house was destroyed because hubby was not paying attention to her and she got mad... i told her if I didn't laugh now I was going to have a nervous break down tommorrow. What can ya do?I still love her to death.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 02:07:35 am »
whoo hoo no destruction today and they are supervised for the rest of the week- I made it thru one more week. I had one potty accident-but you calculate the odds- I have about 900 pounds of dog in the house and only one of the beast had the accident. oh happy day