Author Topic: Dumb Bimbos and Their Ankle Biters (venting)  (Read 7783 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Dumb Bimbos and Their Ankle Biters (venting)
« on: August 07, 2007, 03:19:07 am »
So, we take our little (alright not so little...but still little) Chloe to Kone King to get some ice cream with us. People come by and love on her and some immideately know something is wrong with her and ask...and thats fine, I dont mind telling them about her disease and answering their questions. Its actually nice to know people are concerned. My man actually got offended though when one guy told him she looked like she had been hit by a car, I can understand why (on both parts) but he took it as an insult like we dont take care of her. ANYWAY!

Some blonde (no offence to the blondes here, but soon youll see why some of them give you guys a bad rep.) with her little ankle biter, it looked like a Jack Russel and a Chihuahua mix, came up to us. As our dogs sniffed each other out she asks me what Chloe is, I told her "Shes a GREAT Dane" (and I mean shes GREAT!! heh, I love saying that) and she tells me "Oh this dog is a big change for me, I had a big dog, a Malamute Husky..." Im thinking, alright a big paw, and I like Huskies. Then she goes on to say "Yeah he was like 300lbs" I said "Oh REALLY" She said "Yeah, when he was like 5 months old he was full grown and just got bigger, but you know, their like supposed to be like 300lbs. A lot bigger than what shes going to be" Im just looking at her and say "Oh, alright...C'mon Chloe, lets go see Daddy"

COME ON GUYS, A 300LB HUSKY!!! Gosh, I wish I had the bal*s to tell someone to their face "Yeah and youre full of sh*t" Some people are SOOOOOOO dumb!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Dumb Bimbos and Their Ankle Biters (venting)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 04:51:36 am »
Well yep I think I've actually heard that before, but with different breeds, some people.. ::)

Was the ankle biter really that bad though? Gotta love them, well some of them! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 05:22:48 am »
You guys totally need to meet Roxie, I seriously think you'd all fall in love with her! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

angelsmama

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 07:57:34 am »
hahahaha// ive been blunt once.. i had someone try and sell me an obvious mix before claiming him to be a purebred dalmatian.. ok so it mayve been a dal mix , but he looked to have pyr in him , super long thick hair , double dew's.. and spots on his white hair.  "hes a purebred dalmatian we just dont have papers" i said "no hes not.. he's a mixed breed" "no hes pure" told her "hun i had a dalmatian over 11 years.. that is not a purebred dog" and walked off :D

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2007, 02:22:50 pm »
eh, i dont really care for little paws to begin with (i did see roxy in her pics and videos and yeah shes cute)this thing was all scratching at the ground pulling as hard as it could on its owner and running in circles after my girls tail.... it seemed like little miss doodle head doesnt socialize her dog often..... not like my baby!! who, by the way, should be 400lbs when shes done growing! ;) :D

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2007, 03:58:05 pm »
Too bad people are just not as smart as we are here on the board. He he. I'm not a big fan of little paws, but some of them are cute. I don't think I would ever own one though. My daughter is pure blond but smart enough to know a mix to a purebred.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2007, 07:12:47 pm »
I would have told that woman, and I have done it in the past, that she's outright wrong.  A 300 lb husky?? I work in a call center as a cust service rep for the electric company in my area, and I never realized how many stupid people are out there.  And they all seem to call me.  Sometimes I get so annoyed with stupidity because I bombarded with it everyday, that I can't help but want to make people realize how foolish they sound.  Maybe I'm hoping they'll think twice before opening their mouths.

When we first got Sierra, we took her to the town carnival to socialize her a little and some guy said what a beautiful little Black Lab she was.  I said "actually she's a Newfoundland".  He looked me right in the eye and said "no it's not".  I kind of just turned away from him and thought "whatever you say, buddy!"  But he kept going saying he breeds labs and he knows a Black Lab when he sees one.  By this time I was annoyed and I turned around and said, "Sir if you breed Labs then you need to re-evalute your concept of what is an improvement to the breed. I know what kind of dog I purchased.  It was pretty evident when I surrounded by Newfies at the breeders.  If you insist this is a Lab then please explain to me how a Labrador can be the result of two Newfoundlands."  He just gave me a dirty look and walked away.

I don't mean to come off as harsh, but one thing that has always bugged me to no end is stupid people who insist they are always right when I know darn well they are full of it.  That's one reason I like coming here...for some intelligent conversation and to learn from people who are more knowledgeable than me.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:17:55 pm by Newly Newfed »
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2007, 07:43:18 pm »
Heh, good one :)

He's got some real hairy labs then :) Tall ones too and quite overweight :)

i was going to say, since when do labs have THAT kind of coat... ugh, people... one guy was in petsmart the one day and his girlfriend was petting my pup and he said "oh thats definately a boxer" i wish i could have seen my own face because my brain frazzled and went &&#$^*&&(*%^@#!@#$#% when i tried to figure out how she possibly looked like a boxer! but the guy was nice when i said "actually shes a great dane" he just said "really, shes cute" lol, then he turned red.

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 07:53:19 pm »
Kind of like how everyone confuses Roxie with a Chihuahua or swears she's a doxie mix. One time Roxie ran off(Maggie let her out of the backyard grr) and my sister and I were driving around looking for her, my sister goes have you seen a little red chihuahua mix running around? and i'm just like dude Kelly, Roxie's a min pin! Or if someone is petting her they are always asking me what she's mixed with. lol
That's why I'm going to be buying her this:

I think it's hilarious.

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 02:19:05 am »
This brought to mind the last time that I took Jake to Petsmart. Portly Jake is probably around 150 pounds now. But to me he really isnt that big, unless he is stepping on my toe. Well any way we are leaving and there is a spanish family about to come into the store and we hear a really loud voice saying " EL Grande!!" And of course they are pointing at Jake.

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 03:40:36 am »
awww, actually petsmart is where i got my dane kick. there was a guy with his merle dane and i just HAD to go pet it (i actually followed him around the store to get up the nerve to ask if i could pet his dog) it was gorgeous, and then i went home and did a TON of research on the breed, and LOVED it. and now i have one, and i LOVE her

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 03:48:59 am »
I am fortunate to have 3 of them and they are wonderful dogs, I am glad that I didnt just have to choose one breed. I am blessed with several of the big paws.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2007, 05:28:40 am »
Some people are just clueless but apparently like being that way.

I can't believe that girl said she had a 300 lbs malamute husky.  And what is a malamute husky anyway?  either it's one or the other.  Big mals will get over 100 lbs, but no way a husky is getting anywhere close to that.

And I'm not much of a little dog person either, but it didn't stop me from getting 2 ratties when the opportunity was there......... .lol.  They are such hams.  And all of mine get misread as to what breed they are pretty much every time we go anywhere.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 03:18:53 pm »
And what is a malamute husky anyway? 

That's what I was wondering!  LOL!  :D
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

chaosndestruction

« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2007, 08:39:44 pm »
Arisha. haha She's a malamute husky...mix. Her daddy was a big Malamute and her momma was a husky...and that's why Keela's my Malamutt instead of mute....coz she's husky/mal/sheperd...haha.

Yeah 300lbs? ::) Arisha's daddy was big but no where near that! like 150 at the most. and like ZooCrew said no husky could get near that!