Author Topic: Collie/Chow mix needs a no other dogs loving home!  (Read 4871 times)

Offline Cai Li

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Collie/Chow mix needs a no other dogs loving home!
« on: August 07, 2007, 03:14:28 pm »
Shelly is 8yrs old and very sweet and loving to people. We took her in as a foster because the lady that owned her was moving and could not take her with her. Her son (up until about 2 months ago) was stopping in and taking care of her. He was supposed to be finding a forever home for Shelly and apparently was not working to hard at it. Shelly is really sweet and loves attention, she also knows all of the basic comands (sit, lay down, shake) she also speaks when you use the sign language for speak. I am unable to keep her since she has been attacking our other dogs unprovoked. She has also bitten me twice durring these attacks on the other dogs while I was trying to seperate them. I can't keep the other three seperated much longer it's not fair to her and not fair to the other dogs either. I really hope that someone can help Shelly out and give her a forever home that she can be comfortable in and not have to worry about other dogs. Here are some pictures of Shelly.

A wagging tail lifts you when life has let you down.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Collie/Chow mix needs a no other dogs loving home!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2007, 06:42:10 pm »
I hope someone comes to the rescue really soon. It'a not fair to your own gang. She looks sweet though.

Offline Cai Li

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 02:36:57 am »
Thank you. I hope that someone does soon as well. Right now we have to keep Ra, Chen & Cai Li outside in the yard first thing in the morning for a few hours and Shelly on a very long chain just outside of the fence. After about 2 hours or so I bring the other three in and let Shelly have the yard until it starts to cool down a little later in the evening. About 5 or 6 I bring Shelly in the house for some people time and take the other three back outside for a few more hours or until about dark or so and then have to bring them back in for bedtime. This is such an ordeal since the exchange of the dogs takes at least three people. Shelly can not cross the path of the puppies in particular. She is sometimes good with Ra though but we just never know what is going to set her off or when. I absolutely REFUSE to send her to the pound. I know that at her age it would be very hard to find someone that wanted her and the chance of her being put to sleep would be very good. She is such a sweet dog with people there is no way I could possibly let that happen, I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Julia

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 04:15:15 am »
You can definetly see that she has chow in her- what a gorgeous dog- One of the best dogs I ever had was chow and shepherd and I had the honor of sharing life with her for more than 15 years. Hopefully you can find a family who needs her in their lives. I also understand the seperation hassles- I had to keep Jake and Garrett seperated for about 6 months and one day said enough is enough I turned them loose together and had my water bottle handy. It worked- and now they actually tolerate each other. I dont know if anything like that would work with your group or not- Every Chow I have ever known has gotten grumpier as they aged. Good luck on getting her placed and bless you for not dumping her in a shelter where her chances to live out her life with a family would be very bad.

Offline Cai Li

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 06:11:46 am »
I have actually been "fostering" Shelly for almost a year now. The lady that owned her had to move and her son was supposed to be checking in on her and trying to find her a home. She was really good with Ra to begin with and then I don't know what happened. But her son (luke) stopped coming by to check in on her. She is really good with cats allthough she does like to chase them when outside but understands that the inside kittys are not toys! She will chase a bit in the house but all that needs to be done is tell her to stop it and she will right away. When Shelly came here she was badly matted and had (according to her owner) only one bath in her life. Since then I have spent several hours brushing and bathing her to try to correct so many years of damage that was done. She is much better now though and does not mind grooming at all but does not like a bath (understandably). She deserves a good home where she can be loved and cared for. Thanks for anyone that can help this poor girl out I can not express what a sweetheart she really is. Oh and her shots are up to date and she is spayed as well.

Julia

Offline Cai Li

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 10:33:30 pm »
Bump!

Sory for the bump but Shelly is still in need and it is becoming increasingly difficult to seperate all the dogs. We are having a particulary hard time trying to potty train the pupps since it is such an ordeal to seperate all of them so that the pupps can go outside. If someone knows a rescue or anything that can help please let me know asap!! I absolutely can not send her to a shelter (kill or no kill) since I know that she would likely either be PTS or live a shelter life and I don't want that to happen. I'm practically begging here so if anyone can help please please let me know!!!

Julia