Author Topic: newbie  (Read 2818 times)

Offline gsdmommy

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« on: August 08, 2007, 12:53:34 am »
Hi everyone.I just found this site while searching for Great pyrenees info and pics.I presently own a gsd and i am hoping to get a great pyrenees in the next year.Is there any pyr owners out there.Iwould appreciate any advice or info anyone can throw my way.

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 01:00:19 am »
Hi gsdmommy, welcome to BPO! There are plenty of great pyr owners, as well as other giant dogs, who are happy to offer you any advice. Feel free to ask away with any questions you have!
RIP former BPO

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 01:59:52 am »
Hi there and welcome! You can find plenty of info in Great Pyrenees discussions section and plenty of pictures in the one below.

I am a happy owner of Pyr Lily who is 13 months old. She is th e most wonderful dog I have ever had. Pyrs are super stubborn (others say independent), bark a lot, dig giant holes and think that they are smarter than their owners. BUT they are so sweet, calm, loving, gentle and super intelligent!!!

I hope you will like it here! ;D 
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 05:00:45 am »
Hello and welcome!  Hope you enjoy it here.

My name is Chris.  My crew consists of Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.  I don't own a pyr, but there are plenty of people on here who do and can answer any questions that you may have.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 05:13:23 am »
Hello and welcome!!  You will get a lot of great advice on this board.  Enjoy!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 10:13:49 pm »
Hello and welcome to the board. I'm Tina mom to Annie, Merri, and Tripper. My 3 pyrs. You're going to love it here. Lots of info on Pyrs and other dogs. Where will you be looking to get your pyr? I only ask becasue there are a bunch of wonderful pyrs in rescue. Take a look on petfinder, tons or wonderful pyrs looking for forever homes. And it is a wonderful breed.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 10:51:32 pm »
Hi gsdmommy!  Welcome to BPO!  I also found this site while researching info on my Newfoundland, Sierra.  I don't have a Pyr, but I love them...They were one of my considerations when we decided to get a pup, but I've always had a thing for Newfs.  Anyway, you'll find lots of advice and picures on Pyrs and all other big paws.  This is a great community with an amazing group of people.  Please post pics of you pupper soon.  We want to see!!

Other than Sierra, the rest of my zoo is listed below.

~Stephanie
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer