Author Topic: why why why  (Read 3057 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
why why why
« on: August 08, 2007, 02:11:22 am »
my back has been out for 3 days....It is my lower back. My tail bone area. My siatic (sp?) nerve. I can hardly walk. I have stretched it, taken meds. put tiger rub on it....I am soo mad. I can't get anything done. I have a house full of animals and my kids etc. and I can't clean, cook etc. I can stand to prepare stuff, but can't bend to put it in the oven!!! Please just shoot me now. it is rediculous!!!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2007, 02:24:38 am by zchic »
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: why why why
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 02:18:11 am »
I'm so sorry that you aren't feeling well.  I have an issue with my back as well.  I wish I had a good remedy but I really don't
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 05:34:58 am »
do you have a herniated disk or is it muscle/nerve related?  The reason I ask is that my friend and I have a lot of the same symptoms of the lower back but she has a herniated disk (just had surgery) and mine is because my L5 is fused to my coccyx (sp?) bone so technically I only have 4 lumbar vert and the nerve root on my right side is smaller.  SOOO when I have any inflammation in that area that nerve gets squished kind of.  Sometimes it will feel like someone has just sucker punched me and I will almost drop (fun when you're taking a tables order!!).  For me, my chiropractor is working, I go only when I need to.  But if yours is a disk issue DO NOT go to a chiro!!  It took me a long time before I went to a chiro....I'm sorry I waited!  Turns out my cervical spine (neck) was curved in the wrong direction so it wasn't acting like a shock absorber for my head as it is intended too.  Well the last x-ray that was taken my neck was at least straight and I have noticed I haven't been having nearly as many headaches as I once did!  Good luck, I hope you find something that works for you!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 05:58:06 am »
I never had this till I had my son 5+ years ago. I swore they broke my tail bone when I had him (he was 9.8 pounds and 22 1/2 inches long and was a forcip baby). They did x-rays and said it was all fine. I absolutly HATE this. I took a tylenol 3 today and slept a bit...and it was WORSE when I got up. I had Dylan yank my leg to see if that helped. It actually did til I sat down awhile then it was all messed up again!! I just want it to go away...blah blah blah..sorry I am whiney...I just really want o be back to normal!!!
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 09:58:03 pm »
my back is still sore...I went to the chiropracter today...it is better, but sore. Hopefully it is going to be better now. He cracked my back in like 6 spots, and did some pressure point stuff. I thought I was going to snap in half. LOL I can atleast stand up and walk now.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Icerotti

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2007, 02:17:41 am »
Awww I can feel for you. When I was pregnant my siatic(sp) nerve really bothered me. Wow if I just turned one way it would pinch and I would have to stop dead in my tracks. it still bothers me a small bit once in awhile :-\ I hope you feel better soon. :D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 02:18:07 am by Icerotti »

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2007, 05:13:35 am »
That Chiro is my personal saint right now!!! I was sore most of the day after my appt. but now I can move!!! I feel sooo much better. Now I can get caught up on everything!!!
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2007, 05:36:40 am »
Oh Jodi, i know how that feels. i have bad back problems also. I, luckily, havent had it that bad. But i am so sorry that you arent able to do anything to help out. Ahhh, just relax, and get the kids to wait on you hand & foot. hehehehe
Hope you feel better soon *HUGS*
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2007, 06:08:04 am »
awww crap that happens to Jeff like every six months! so i know exactly what you are going through. hope it goes back in soon. sorry about the back thing that suxes
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline fivestartaylor

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Scooby & Kids
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2007, 03:57:48 pm »
I have the same problem , it started after I gave birth to my son... i can be walking in the store and have it go out on me to where I can't walk.Common practice is to either do the cortizone injection directly into the nerve and or have the nerve completely removed. I refuse either because that nerve is a vital part of your nervous system, but for some people these options are good for them.Good luck I know how bad it hurts and how long it can take to get back up and running again.
Mom To :

Scooby 18mo. Great Dane
          &
Lucy   7yr old Labrador Retriever

2 Kids & 1 Husband -(might as well be another kid)