Author Topic: Dogue de Bordeaux  (Read 5525 times)

Bordeaux

Dogue de Bordeaux
« on: August 08, 2007, 09:56:29 am »
Can someone who knows the Bordeaux tell me how is my new puppy? is it stands on the breed standards?
Thanks

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Dogue de Bordeaux
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 11:08:36 pm »
Oh my he is so cute! How old is he. Here is the link for the standard.

http://www.akc.org/breeds/dogue_de_bordeaux/index.cfm

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2007, 04:24:28 pm »
I got my Bullmastiff puppy @ 6.5 weeks of age, (truthfully we think he was younger based on weight and mobility but got him from a trustworthy breeder so...) he is now 14 months of age and doing great. I did have my friend bring her dog over within a week of getting him to start to socialize him, took him to empty parks to meet people but not strange dogs and began puppy classes @ 12 weeks. He absolutely ADORES other dogs, hasn't met anyone he doesn't like and does well on his own. I know your situation isn't ideal but with a little help from you he'll do just fine. Just stick around the site and get as many tips as possible and remember to post pics of the little guy.

Offline Chicken

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2007, 07:02:49 pm »
Hi.  I have a Dogue de Bordeaux puppy, too.  My husband got him while I was out of town, so I was skeptical to begin with, but now I love that silly, lazy dog.  His name is Julius.

Anyway, I wanted to comment that this breed is supposed to be kind of tough for beginning dog owners.  They can be very dominating and should be taught who's boss from the beginning, so they say.  My other dogs are people-pleasers, so I'm finding this one to be a bit of a challenge -- at least at this stage.

Bordeaux, your puppy is really little, still, so maybe you haven't seen any dominating behavior, but did the breeder give you any advice on handling the breed?  I'd be interested to hear what, if anything, they said.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 07:03:40 pm by Chicken »