Author Topic: Bubba has a lump on his side. Vaccine reaction?  (Read 3994 times)

Lyn

Bubba has a lump on his side. Vaccine reaction?
« on: August 09, 2007, 08:49:12 pm »
Hubby noticed a lump lastnight on Bubba's side. It's about half an inch long on his ribcage about 2 inches below his spine. I'm pretty sure that where he recieved his rabies and booster shots on July 28th.

He's never had any vaccine reaction before. But from what I read if it's from the vaccine it can take up to 3 months to go away.

Has anyone experienced this? I don't know if I should take him into the vet or wait and see if it goes away?

Forgot to add, the lump feels like it's attached to the ribcage, not like a fatty tumor that you can move around. But it is soft.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2007, 08:50:37 pm by Lyn »

Lyn

Re: Bubba has a lump on his side. Vaccine reaction?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2007, 01:03:57 am »
Thanks! I called and the tech said if has not reduced in size by the end of this month to bring him in. If it gets larger I'm to bring him in immediately. The lump is exactly where my vet gave the vaccine. :(

So it looks like I have to wait it out. :-\

Icerotti

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2007, 07:09:52 am »
Yes we are familiar with a tender knot aren't we Farley  ::) He got one right after a vaccination too. It took about 3 weeks by the time it fully went away. It will go away on its own and it never seemed to bother him.

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2007, 07:33:08 am »
well i dont know if this will help at all or not. but 5 month old Brett had a reaction from his vaccines, and he had the bump at the injection site. it was a hard bump though. and he had a fever.have u taken his temp? hows he eating?

**modified to add: Brett by the way is my human son... he's not a dog.... ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 07:34:26 am by Duramax »
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2007, 06:44:05 pm »
Good to know, thanks!

He's eating fine and acting normal. It doesn't seem to bother him at all. But it bothers me, LOL

Yesterday when I felt the lump it seemed to be attached to his ribcage. As of this morning I can move it back and forth and it's definitely smaller. Phew! :D

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2007, 06:55:34 pm »
my little manz bump hung around for about a week or week and a half before it was gone. but the feaver was only a 2 days. poor little guy he's do for another set already :-\
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Lyn

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2007, 05:29:40 pm »
The lump is still there. Seems about the same size as it was on the 10th. I'm so impatient though, I want it to disappear like yesterday. lol

Liz, I need to charge my camera batteries so I can take some new pics. I've been slacking. LOL