Author Topic: Update on our mysterious disappearence, and cute pic of Onyx  (Read 4094 times)

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Update on our mysterious disappearence, and cute pic of Onyx
« on: August 13, 2007, 07:53:51 am »
Heyla gang, and smooches all around!

Rumors of our kidnapping by the sasquatches were completely unfounded. Apollo ate them, and caught a bad case of indegestion.

Zeus has manageed to eat his way through half of the Olympic National Forest...tragi c really. That's why Mother Nature never intended for dogs to breed with woodchucks really.

Onyx has decided to take on the role of breadwinner in the family...and is currently practicing for his role as a travelling carpet salesman. his job...

to be the carpet. Now, there's a surprise.  ::) :D

Seriously though, I've just been snowed under with School, new job, new music band. Ah, la vida loca. I try to at least read through the posts to keep up with you chatty lot...even if I can't squeeze in a post.

Miss you all terribly, keep posting the pics of those adorable puppers.

On a side note....great hoppin' horny-toads...Fumble got got *really* big while we were away. Onyx is really envious. He said it must be the East Coast air.

And now, for some pics of Onyx. There are not really any of Apollo, he's been incredibly ungracious lately. We had a bit of a scare with him in March. Apparently, he finally "bit off more than he could chew"; somehow he managed to rip off the top half of a BLACK kong and swallowed a piece the size of my fist. It lodged in his intestines, (we didn't find the toy until he started puking....ever ywhere *shudder*) and they ended up cutting him open from his ***** almost to his breastbone. 7 days in the emergency hospital, 14 more days in the "Cone of Shame" (cue appropriate music) and he still give us the evil eye from time to time like it was all our fault. I told him his garbage-gut ways would backfire on him one day....
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

Offline Leah-n-boy-os

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Update on our mysterious disappearence, and cute pic of Onyx
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 08:23:42 am »
Oh, I forgot to add....the pics of him may look a bit...odd. We decided to try a new look for him, and went for a "puppy cut". He looked adorable. They even left his mohawk!

It was great to experience (really cut down on the daily vacumming load) but I kinda missed my wollie bear, so I don't think I'll be repeating the experience. It wasn't horrible or anything..infa ct, we all got a good laugh about Onyx and his "velvet pants suit".

However...It really emphasised how....funny a Newfy looks. Did you ever notice how BIG their leg bones are? I mean really....they're HUGE! We keep Onyx lean and trim, because I worry about his joints and stuff, so it really looks....inter esting. *snicker*
Leah and the Boy-os
Apollo (Akita/St. Bernard)
Zeus (Heinz 57)
Onyx (Newfoundland)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Being owned by Big Paws just indicates how big your heart is.

located - Gig Harbor, WA

marypyrs

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 08:52:45 am »
Oh Hi There! I guess I've missed your posts before. I've only been on here since Dec 06.

Your pups are georgeous! Now I'll have to go back in time and learn all about you and your Fur Babies.

Anyway. I'm Jane & Pups are Rainbow & Whisper.

So - Apollo bit off more than he could chew? That sounds familiar. My Joey had a habit of swallowing rocks. I'm talking big rocks! Which took him into emergency surgery twice within two years.

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 04:26:05 pm »
YAY! LEAH! Good to have your wise-cracking wit back on the board! And Onyx looks ADORABLE with his puppy cut. I fostered a Newf (Special, now Sailor) that had a puppy cut and was funny looking, too. It also accentuates how loooooong a Newf is.

Good to see you and glad to hear that Apollo is doing well, even though he's a garbage disposal!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 04:43:54 pm »
Wahoooo - welcome back Leah! So good to see you back on the board and Onyx looks so stinkin' cute!

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 12:51:19 am »
Love that haircut! I would love to get Rosie's fur cut like that one of these summers, but we just haven't bit the bullet on that one yet. I think it's adorable when they leave the head poofy like that. Cut everything else, just don't cut the majestic Newf head! :D

Rosie had gotten into being a garbage woman in our house, so we quickly hid the trash can and any other plastic item she might mistake as her toy. We had quite a scare when she swallowed a pork chop bone and our fly swatter. Luckily she didn't need to be sliced open, as she has quite the digestive system I suppose.
Rosie - Newfoundland

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 03:10:17 am »
We're glad to see you back.  Onyx is looking awesome though humiliated in his puppy cut.  But I think he'll have to fight Kali for the position of bear rug as she's definitely gotten that job secured. ;D

PS she still loves the toys you got her for Secret Santa and her doggles.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline zeus1

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2007, 09:05:21 pm »
what a cutie !!!!!!!!!!

Offline Fumble

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2007, 12:20:38 am »
AWW Onyx is sooo cute!!!  i love the little puppy cut!!! OH i'm so sorry about Apollo though.. hopefully he's feeling better..  those emergency vet visits are never a lot of fun.  But i'm glad to see that they are doing well now!! and just as cute as ever! ;) 
"My newfoundlands live my life as passionately as i live theirs"
"I slip the hater of what i've become.  they slip the halter of what they've been, and we live together, passionately, changed"
-Both from "in the company of newfies"

WE REPRESENT THE LOLLIPOP GUILD!!!