Author Topic: Doggy He__ Night  (Read 3161 times)

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
Doggy He__ Night
« on: August 13, 2007, 10:26:05 pm »
I came down with the most outrageous sinus infection Friday night .. My head felt like it weighed 50 pounds along with the fever aches and pains and total lack of energy.  Needless to say there was no way I could exercise these dogs .. so from Saturday morning on I would set out on the porches and try to throw kongs and toys for everyone to fetch.  By last night .. Emmitt (springer) and Sadie (Newf) had expelled all the good humor for each other they could and the bad began.  Now Sadie just wanted to play (rambunctiously I might add) and Emmitt was mean and mad .. to the point I had to take Em down on his back.  Sadie went to her crate on her own, Copper flew under the bed and Em went to his chair and I took a sleeping pill and CRASHED after I could breathe again normally.  I'm so much better today but wear out quick, like a walk to the front yard from the back door and I'm ready to come in and sit under the AC.  SOOO .. this morning I put Copper in the golf cart with me and Sadie and Emmitt chased the cart / Copper / me all over the 4 acres.  Needless to say I had the most wonderful 3 hours of calm !!  When it cools off this evening we'll do it again.  Some days you just do what you got to do.  ;D
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline newfie owner

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • molly our furry baby xxx
    • View Profile
Re: Doggy He__ Night
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 11:42:47 pm »
awww lol,glad you're feeling better  :)

nothing worse when you feel like that but you have to get things done
owners of
molly-6 month old newfie pup aswell as other pets

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2007, 05:03:41 am »
Go carts and ATV's are wonderful for exhausting hyper pups. Way to go on thinking about the golf cart. I hope you get to feeling better and soon.

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2007, 05:02:54 pm »
Do you guys remember Eddie the puppy that I had? His new daddy (my cousin Chase) wears him out by letting him chase his ATV all over their property. Works like a charm!

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2007, 05:31:26 pm »
Ahem .. DaneInSane .. *laffin* do ya think a COPPER would ride around in anything other than gold?

Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY