Author Topic: a collection of canines  (Read 1735 times)

Offline wiggi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
a collection of canines
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:23:23 pm »
Why do i keep collecting dogs? Some people are shopaholics and i think i'm a dogaholic. Sometimes i come downstairs into the kitchen and look at the bin liners shredded to bits, the drool and the hair and then i suddenly find myself saying 'i wish i could have another dog'!?!? Why is it the more mess our furry kids make the more we decide we should get another? When i met Baz he said we couldn't have a dog and then we ended up with Tiny, he said we definately weren't getting another one especially one so big and expensive and then we ended up with Jaspa. By this point he'd laid down the law and said definately not to any other dogs at all and now we have Murphy. Wonder how long it'll take me to talk him into furry friend number four hahaha.
mother to: Jaspa - 2yr old newfie
           Murphy - 6mnth old landseer newfie
           Tiny - 9yr old (little paw) crossbreed

bigdogs@5501

Re: a collection of canines
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 01:08:57 am »
OK lets not call it collecting- Just sharing our home. Explain to Baz that you guys are just a wee bit behind at least one person or more on the board and that adding another to the family is really a good thing. All 3 Danes, 4 Pyrs and Bailey are sending you happy dog thoughts.

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 01:37:07 am »
The day I brought Sadie home .. I took her to the vet then to the groomer - while she was there I went and bought 40 lbs of giant breed dog food and had a crate that I could only fit in sideways in the SUV .. while unloading the car Steve (the husband) comes out of the house thinking I had groceries - stomped, kinda turned white - I knew better than to ask him to help me unload - listen to him rant a bit - walked away from him (took a lot of gulping back words on my part) - left and picked up sweet smelling Sadie and  he was in love within the hour.  ;D
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 04:36:50 am »
LOL.  Collecting?  Whose collecting?  ::)  ::)

My hubby was fine with one.  I had a really hard time convincing him on Gunther.  So I resorted to underhanded ways and basically nagged/pestered him 24/7 for 2 weeks straight until he finally relented.  ;)  When it came to the ratties?  It was a hard sell so again I needed a strategy.  I did petsitting at the time and said I was going to watch 2 puppies for a friend until her currently pregnant female gave birth.  Which was the truth, but he didn't know the puppies we were watching were going to be ours.........l ol.  Technically I only wanted one, but they both had good characteristic s.  Hubby fell in love with the female lap dog, and I got the male for his great show quality.

And the rest is history....... ......although it is making it extremely difficult now that we are looking for a house.  Not many towns out there allow more than 2 or 3 dogs, unless you have a kennel license, or an acerage.

And yet I am already planning on the next one (my chinese crested male)..........lol.  But this time I will wait until we are back down to 3.  I don't think Keiko could handle a puppy anymore at this point anyway.