Author Topic: Thanx to everyone  (Read 3443 times)

Offline wiggi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
Thanx to everyone
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:31:59 pm »
Hiya everyone, just wanted to say a big thank you for everyone on this site for making me feel so welcome over the last couple of months. It's one of the few forums i've been on where i've felt really comfortable posting. Also when i'm on here and around all of you i actually feel normal for having dogs that take up all of the sofa and turn my house into a zoo. You'd be surprised how many people i bump into on the street who say things like 'why would you want such an animal?'. Maybe i should tell them about this site and get them hooked too hahaha.
mother to: Jaspa - 2yr old newfie
           Murphy - 6mnth old landseer newfie
           Tiny - 9yr old (little paw) crossbreed

bigdogs@5501

Re: Thanx to everyone
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 01:02:58 am »
BPO is certainly a wonderful place. You know maybe we are all just happy because we are content in life and I am sure that the pups have something to do with us being happy. Pity the person who doesnt know what it is like to be owned by a dog.

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 04:05:16 am »
Pity the person who doesnt know what it is like to be owned by a dog.

Or two or three .... very well said  ;D BPO is a very special place where strangers can chat about everything and anything that is happening in their life whether it's good or bad and know that they will be supported.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 04:25:19 am »
I fail to see where it's abnormal to have a big dog or two who rule the roost.  it's the people who don't have a big dog on the couch that i worry about.  :) 
just ask Grace...i'm allowed to sleep in her bed...but only on the far right side in a diagonal from bottom to top position.  :)
glad you like it here.  if it weren't for newbies like you we would be lost too. 

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2007, 05:58:27 am »
i feel the same way about bpo too. And as much as i cant understand it, alot of people do think it's insane to want to be a 'dog family' let alone have dogs that weigh more than we do. but we just cant help it :)and we dont want to help it ;D   and :P on any one who turns up their nose at us for it! humans werent ment to live on this earth secluded from all the other creatures!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2007, 07:03:51 am »
I am not a computer person but I will get on and check in to BPO at least twice a day!!  I'm always talking about ya'll to some of the people at work, but I do have to preface it by saying "on the message board" because I will talk about ya'll like I'm talking to you on the phone (did I mention I live alone)!!!  Some people think I'm a little off, but when they have problems with their dogs I'm the first one they come to for answers!!

"humans werent meant to live on this earth secluded from all the other creatures!"

I'll second that!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix