BPO Breeding Forum > Breeding Questions & Information

Breeding an un-paper'd Bernese

(1/2) > >>

lobf:
Hey folks. A friend of ours with a couple of Berners had some unexpected puppies a while back, and offered us one without papers. He's a purebred dog, and I would love to breed him someday, but would anyone out there accept a dog without papers?

This is an important factor in whether we neuter him, so thanks for your time!

angelsmama:
i personally dont think you should.. just brings more dogs in the world that may end up in a shelter then their freezer in a bag..

Cai Li:
I agree with Angelsmamma. You shouldn't breed pupps when there are so many out there without homes as it is. BUT if you are going to you can have your dog DNA tested and get it papered at least that way they would be papered dogs and have a little bit of a better chance anyway. The testing is not cheap from what I hear. The breeder for Cai Li had the stud DNA tested before breeding so that the pupps would have their papers. Also you are going to want to get your dog health certified before considering breeding so that you are not breeding potentially unhealthy pupps. Good luck with your decision.

Julia

lobf:
Thanks for the input. We certainly won't be breeding him.

Duramax:

--- Quote from: angelsmama on August 16, 2007, 01:06:34 am ---i personally dont think you should.. just brings more dogs in the world that may end up in a shelter then their freezer in a bag..

--- End quote ---
i agree

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version