Author Topic: Any Vick updates?  (Read 17470 times)

EllieAndBlu

Re: Any Vick updates?
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 05:25:58 pm »
I am just so angry! He knew. He participated. He funded. He gambled. He killed.

The feds should be ashamed of themselves with his plea deal.

On a side note...  here is a comment by Jamie Foxx! (now I am doubly irate)

Read on...

Jamie Foxx Defend's Vick:

Jamie Foxx had a few words to say about NFL QB Michael Vick’s dog fighting charges. Foxx told 'Access Hollywood' people should not be so quick to judge the NFL star. Jamie said, “It’s a cultural thing, I think. Most brothers didn’t know that, you know. I used to see dogs fighting in the neighborhood all the time. I didn’t know that was Fed time. So, Mike probably just didn’t read his handbook on what not to do as a black star.” 

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 05:58:54 pm »
That is pretty sickening.  He said he was present when dogs were killed but he didn't kill any.>:(

ok, lets step back and look at this quote you've said here. What Vick was saying is equivalant to saying "I was present, and was watching for entertainment purposes, when the child was being killed but i didnt feel the need to interveene."

the dogs were killing eachother, yes that's right, that's why it's called a 'dog fight' Vick. but then again the dogs were only obeying the commands of their master to pleas them werent they.!?! Loyal to the end. it's too bad that the poor dogs didnt realise that they werent protecting and guarding what they thought was there's, they were just the main event of a sickening circus act.

Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 07:56:31 pm »
Breaking News - just crossed the wires!

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- Michael Vick filed a plea agreement in federal court Friday admitting to a dogfighting charge and agreed the enterprise included killing fighting dogs and gambling.
   The Atlanta Falcons quarterback is scheduled to formally enter his plea Monday in U.S. District Court.

*modified w/updated wire copy*
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:14:20 pm by EllieAndBlu »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2007, 08:20:35 pm »

Nicole

« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2007, 08:33:02 pm »
WOAH!

Part of the plea agreement reads as follows:

"Pursuant to 18 U.S.C blah, blah...defende nt agrees to make restitution for the full amount of ht ecosts associated with the disposition of all dogs which are currently the subject of the civil action known as United States v. Approximately 53 Pit Bull Dogs, Case No. blahblah. Such costs may include, but are not limited to, all costs associated with teh care of the dogs involved in that case, including if necessary, THE LONG-TERM CARE and/or the humane euthanasia of some or all of the those animals as may be directed by the court in that case"

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 01:07:20 am »
! VERY GRAPHIC PIC !
http://www.break.com/pictures/aug8gal40.html

....you know how most of us have said that he should get what he gives.... apparently we arent the only ones that thought that. this is a terrible pic though....
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2007, 02:40:21 am »
I read that right now too Tina. Woohoo! Hopefully they'll kick the sorry jerk out for good.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8R7L9H81&show_article=1
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2007, 04:54:06 pm »
Vick is due in federal court 10:30am/ET in Richmond! he will face the judge and officially enter his guilty plea in court.

*modified to add - Vick is expected to make a statement afterwards*
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 05:01:48 pm by EllieAndBlu »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 05:23:59 pm »
Vick has arrived in court... and might I add... not looking quite as smug as the last time!

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 05:56:03 pm »
I've stopped watching the news.  I can't stand the sight of that monster!  Everytime I start talking about him to my hubby I get so upset and angry I start crying.  All I can say is whatever he gets, it's not enough!!! >:(
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Cheyenne; Belgian Malinois 1/8/07
Calisto(aka Arch Nemisis); 7/4/03

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 06:38:01 pm »
Vick speaking now..... he apologizes for his "immature actions"....  UGGGHHHHH

**modified to add... "dogfighting is a terrible thing and I do reject it....** 

Seriously I might vomit... I will post his statement after it is transcribed
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 06:46:23 pm by EllieAndBlu »

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 07:44:51 pm »
As posted on ESPN:

Michael Vick's statement following his guilty plea in U.S. District Court in Richmond, Va., to a dogfighting conspiracy charge:

"For most of my life, I've been a football player, not a public speaker, so, you know, I really don't know, you know, how to say what I really want to say.

"You know, I understand it's -- it's important or not important, you know, as far as what you say but how you say things. So, you know, I take this opportunity just to speak from the heart.

"First, I want to apologize, you know, for all the things that -- that I've done and that I have allowed to happen. I want to personally apologize to commissioner Goodell, Arthur Blank, coach Bobby Petrino, my Atlanta Falcons teammates, you know, for our -- for our previous discussions that we had. And I was not honest and forthright in our discussions, and, you know, I was ashamed and totally disappointed in myself to say the least.

"I want to apologize to all the young kids out there for my immature acts and, you know, what I did was, what I did was very immature so that means I need to grow up.

"I totally ask for forgiveness and understanding as I move forward to bettering Michael Vick the person, not the football player.

"I take full responsibility for my actions. For one second will I sit right here -- not for one second will I sit right here and point the finger and try to blame anybody else for my actions or what I've done.

"I'm totally responsible, and those things just didn't have to happen. I feel like we all make mistakes. It's just I made a mistake in using bad judgment and making bad decisions. And you know, those things, you know, just can't happen.

"Dog fighting is a terrible thing, and I did reject it.

"I'm upset with myself, and, you know, through this situation I found Jesus and asked him for forgiveness and turned my life over to God. And I think that's the right thing to do as of right now.

"Like I said, for this -- for this entire situation I never pointed the finger at anybody else, I accepted responsibility for my actions of what I did and now I have to pay the consequences for it. But in a sense, I think it will help, you know, me as a person. I got a lot to think about in the next year or so.

"I offer my deepest apologies to everybody out in there in the world who was affected by this whole situation. And if I'm more disappointed with myself than anything it's because of all the young people, young kids that I've let down, who look at Michael Vick as a role model. And to have to go through this and put myself in this situation, you know, I hope that every young kid out there in the world watching this interview right now who's been following the case will use me as an example to using better judgment and making better decisions.

"Once again, I offer my deepest apologies to everyone. And I will redeem myself. I have to.

"So I got a lot of down time, a lot of time to think about my actions and what I've done and how to make Michael Vick a better person.

"Thank you.''

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 07:46:02 pm by EllieAndBlu »

Nicole

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 07:51:02 pm »
WHAT ABOUT THE DOGS?!

What an idiot. First of all, nothing he says makes any dang sense. Second of all, he apoligized to everyone besides those he hurt worst. FREAKING A-HOLE.

And, he never pointed the finger at anyone? B.S. He said that he just bought the property, it was his family that was using it, he was there but didn't participate "they" did, etc. etc.

LYING SACK OF FECAL MATTER.

Anakalia

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 07:58:57 pm »
UGH!  Nice statement.  >:(  Sounds like he's just sorry he got caught!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2007, 10:56:21 pm »
ugh, im sorry the most hes probably going to get is 8months in jail. its not enough! especially being part of the "bad newz kennel" how sick is that... its even a sick name!!!! killing them because theyre not fighting tough enough, BS.. lets kill you when you dont play a good enough FB game. hows that for BAD NEWZ! "hey vick, bad newz, you didnt play hard enough, were not going to kick you off the team, were just gonna kill you instead" SOUNDS GOOD TO ME! sh!t, i say put him in a cell with some of those dogs he mistreated and let them go at him! let him play the game of dogfighting and see how it feels! but dont let them kill him right off, let him go for a few rounds, lets "release the hounds" on him. thats what he really deserves!!!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!