Author Topic: My ugly dog...  (Read 7907 times)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: My ugly dog...
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2007, 11:20:17 pm »
She'll be 7 mos old Friday next week.

I remember my huskies going through a stage where they were getting tall but not yet starting to fill out.  They were just tall, skinny and all legs.  They were still clumsy and not cute at all.  I just don't see that with Sierra.  She just always looks pretty to me...though she is still a klutz...

~ Stephanie 

Yeah my Pyrs have never been 'skinny' either, they are very bulky actually lol..but wow, are they klutz's too lol. They are almost 8 months old, so they are close in age!

The kids laugh at her all the time because she hasn't quite mastered the use of her own big feet yet and trips over herself.  She goes dashing after a ball at top speed but doesn't know enough to slow down until she gets to it, then tries to stop on a dime, trips over her feet and goes rolling past the ball nose over tail.  And my personal favorites - she'll run at top speed in one direction and be looking in a different direction - CRASH!  Or she'll be standing next to something hard and swing her head around and smack it right against the fridge, a wall, a table leg...whatever she happens to be near.  She just shakes and trots off.  She's such a blockhead.  ;D

~Stephanie
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: My ugly dog...
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2007, 04:26:22 am »
Sierra is gorgeous! I don't know what your friend is talking about!! Personally I think they look just as cute when they're going through their awkward phases, because they look so funny it's cute! Remy is definitely beginning to look awkward, he's coming on 5 mths, and he's getting very lanky! At puppy class he looks so out of place because he's so big for his breed!!! Two or three weeks ago, we weighed him and he was 50lbs! So my whole point is that, no matter what stage Sierra is in, she's one cute Newf!!!
I totaly agree, besides even though the puppy stages are realy cute.... i like love the full grown stages better! :D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown