Author Topic: Celebrate!! Kentucky and Derby are HOME!!  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
Celebrate!! Kentucky and Derby are HOME!!
« on: August 18, 2007, 06:08:18 am »
Great News for Me!! After suffering a horribly painful canine separation anxiety due to divorce and life changes, I have Kentucky and Derby back with me!! They are spending their first night at the new house! I picked them up today and brought them over (after fortifying the fence) and they have been so good!!

Aaron and I took them for a long walk this evening and haven't heard a peep out of them since. I wanted to bring them inside tonight but they have a little flea problem I need to take care of first.

I'm so happy. I feel like my new life is complete now - new man, new house and my babies back with me.

I'm taking pix tomorrow!!! Stay tuned.
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Celebrate!! Kentucky and Derby are HOME!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 06:54:30 pm »
I am beaming with pride this morning. Kentucky and Derby were so good last night - not a peep out of them all night. And, this morning when I peeked out at them, they only barked a few seconds when they saw me.

I was so worried about them because we have a chain link fence here that is only about 3 feet tall and they are used to a 7 foot vinyl fence. And, one side of the fence still needs to be repaired. I hade to stack cinder blocks in front of it to prevent them from figuring out they could just push through it.

I had originally bought and hooked up a trolly and a stake-out with a long lead (even though I really didn't want to tie up my dogs, I would rather they were safe then running the neighborhood to get hit by a car), but I didn't have to use them at all!!

My dogs are the best dogs in the world - equal only to everyone's dogs on BPO! 

Pictures later today...
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 01:50:09 am »
Sadly, Ozone didn't recover. I had to have him put to sleep. He fought a good fight and was much loved.

Now, on to good news. Here are the pictures of Kentucky and Derby as promised. There will definitely be many more to come. I spent $100 on them at PetSmart today - all toys and treats. I'm sure you all know that's not too difficult to do.

Kentucky and Derby - Made in the Shade!

Derby "Having a Ball"

Pretty as a Picture

My new Avatar

Could you get that itch for me?

Stop taking pictures already, Woman!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 01:52:20 am by jjfritsche »

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 03:04:35 am »
Oh Jeanne, I'm so sorry to hear about Ozone but that's great that you have Kentucky and Derby back where they belong.  The pics look great!  I'm so happy for you!
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 04:00:01 pm »
Oh Jeanne - such great news! I am so happy for you and your pups!

Nicole

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 05:09:25 pm »
Good news, Jeanne!!!!
I'm so happy for you! I'm sure the kids are glad to be home, too.

And, I'm sorry about Lil' Ozone. :(

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 09:33:30 pm »
They look so happy to be with you! They are actually smiling. And I just love their names!