Author Topic: LINKIN and dolly need help (nickers fish)  (Read 3844 times)

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
LINKIN and dolly need help (nickers fish)
« on: August 19, 2007, 07:22:48 pm »
HELLO BPO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

how are you.  yes, its true....i came to bpo after so long for some fish advice! 

if any of you remember, i had some goldfish...and mo and blinkin aren't around anymore...but linkin and his girlfriend dolly are, and they are in trouble. 

i think they have fin rot.  not sure, never had a fish with it beofre...but they ends of their fins all of the sudden got shorter and are all zig-zaggy...and IM FREAKIN OUT. 

i just printed out some articles so i can go tend to them on lunch...but does anyone have some advice?  does it sound like fin rot?  ever had a fish with it?  good tips on helping them NOT kick the bucket?  it would really suck to lose my fishies!  help!  please?!?

thanks y'all

nickers  ::)
NICKI

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: LINKIN and dolly need help (nickers fish)
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 07:26:24 pm »
i typically add epson salt and aquarium salt which keeps diseases to a minimum in my tank and also helps them breath easier (supposedly).  i know for fin rot, though, you can buy some medicine at petsmart that are pretty good.  they can mess up your chemical levels and make your water cloudy, so check the packages or ask so you don't get a surprise you're not expecting ha ha.  hope they make it :)
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 07:28:15 pm »
Well, uh, I know NOTHING about fishies, but I wanted to say GEEZUS MANEEZUS, NICKERS!  You think you were gone long enough!?!  haha ... Seriously, it's good to see you back.  And hopefully someone has some fishy advice for you. ;)

LOL, thanks!  kinda fun to be back...althoug h, im quite scared of getting addicted again..i finally get work done, imagine THAT!

NICKI

Nicole

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 07:28:57 pm »
Ok, I don't know much about fish, other than something called "ick"? Could they have "ick"?

And....HEY NICKERS. You have been gone for a long stinkin' time. So, are you going to start a new thread and tell us how you and the kids are?

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 07:30:18 pm »
i typically add epson salt and aquarium salt which keeps diseases to a minimum in my tank and also helps them breath easier (supposedly).  i know for fin rot, though, you can buy some medicine at petsmart that are pretty good.  they can mess up your chemical levels and make your water cloudy, so check the packages or ask so you don't get a surprise you're not expecting ha ha.  hope they make it :)

i've got some goldfish, and im' going to ask a VERY stupid question...wil l the salt hurt um?  aren't they freshwater fishies??  see...this is why i need help lol
NICKI

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 07:34:30 pm »
Ok, I don't know much about fish, other than something called "ick"? Could they have "ick"?

And....HEY NICKERS. You have been gone for a long stinkin' time. So, are you going to start a new thread and tell us how you and the kids are?

4203 posts eh?  so youre not on bpo much then?  HOLY MOLY!!

well done nicole lol. 

see, if i knew what ick was and waht fin rot was...i wouldn't be here now would i lol...now i gotta friggin research THAT@!  thanks! 

i might start a thread...got tons of pix...

hows YOUR crew?
NICKI

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2007, 09:06:07 pm »
seriously, i have to try and figure this stuff out? 

i dont REMEMBER any white ...  however, about 2 weeks ago i thought linkin had a tumor.  he had TWO bumps in his left side that looked, well like two tumors, and then there was white stuff on the edge of it....but i thought it was a colorful tumor, lol, not fungus (although i think we all remember my fungus incident).  then, like 2 days later, the bumpies were gone, white stuff gone...and now, the fins are going too!  oh no!

man, does anyone want some cute fish? 

thanks though kook...hey, can i buy that salt stuff at the fish store?  hopefully?

thread will come when i'm not "working"

nickers
NICKI

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2007, 09:16:22 pm »
THANKS

good to see you all as well!
NICKI

Nicole

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2007, 09:16:36 pm »
Nickers,
you can buy rock salt at the grocery store! Go to the spice aisle. Its with all the other salt. Its the same stuff you use to make home made ice cream.

And to answer your question,

Cabeza is great! He has a new sister, an 11 year old girl named Mabel. We adopted her a couple of months ago. She's a sweetie pie! She's, well, maybe Lab and Collie? Who knows. She looks JUST LIKE Cabeza but with a pointy-er schnozz and more of a brown cast to her coat. And she's only 63 pounds.

Yeah, um, uh...I'm not really on BPO very often. hehe...check out Jenn's number of posts, though. Or Lin. They both beat me!

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2007, 09:38:36 pm »
thanks much....and as i thought...not much work done since my post.  been readin posts and waiting for responses.

crap
NICKI

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2007, 10:10:18 pm »
HEY THANKS.  got the fin one...but the ick one i didnt have yet. 

u rock  ;D
NICKI

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 04:57:01 am »
ok...so my fish are still alive as of now-8:54

since i'm a lil' bit of a tard..i am going to ask u to confirm what i am supposed to do here people...

1-change the water every day (what like 1/2 of it or 1/4 of it?)

2=-add salt every day.  k...1 tsp a day, thats salty!  u sure?

3-take out filter ??

4-put in meds....

5-anything im forgetting??

thanks

nickers
NICKI

Offline nickerbokker

• Big Paws-a-holic
  • i'm a big boy now!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 11:50:12 pm »
thanks kook, youre a doll

as of this morning, they were still alive...not lookin super, but still alive and still waggin their little tails when i walked over to say hello (they love me  ::))

got the salt...got the meds....got the water changing...too k the black stuff out of the filter...chang ed the water BEFORE i started the meds and wont now...aren't feedin right now...i think thats about it. 

and no kiddin huh....5 gallons is like heaven to my little fishies.  im thinking of upgrading to a 10 gallon ( :o ), but i'll wait to see if they live first  :'(

thanks for your help, i'll keep u updated!

nickers
NICKI