Author Topic: Good use for Vick Jersey's  (Read 1068 times)

bigdogs@5501

Good use for Vick Jersey's
« on: August 17, 2007, 05:13:03 am »
Vick Jerseys Being Used To Clean Kennels
POSTED: 4:34 pm EDT August 17, 2007
UPDATED: 6:00 pm EDT August 17, 2007
ATLANTA -- The Atlanta Humane Society said they are receiving donations from across the country -- and you’ll never guess what people are sending.
More than a dozen Michael Vick jerseys have been sent to AHS, and they are putting them to good use.
“When I first saw them, I was kind of shocked. I was like, ‘Why do they have Vick jerseys here,’ said Julie Sentner.

Vick is innocent until proven guilty, but his association when men pleading guilty to federal dog fighting charges makes the number 7 jersey an unexpected find at the Atlanta Humane Society.
“At first we were like, ‘I wonder what we’re going to use this for,” said P.J. Smith with AHS.
And the jerseys kept coming. About a dozen or so jerseys were sent from people wanting to make good from a bad situation. In fact, the Humane Society is getting flooded with e-mails about Vick.
So what are volunteers doing with the jerseys?
“We discovered like any donation we get, any shirt or towel, we put it to good use here at Atlanta Humane Society. We’re always using things to clean kennels, use for bedding and stuff like that,” said Smith.
Did she say cleaning kennels?
“We’re not showing any favoritism to these jerseys, they go into our general rotation of towels,” Smith said.
One dog is using his Vick jersey as a pillow.

“As long as they’re being used for good, then that’s great. If they’re using them to make dogs more comfortable or to clean up after them, then that’s fine,” said Sentner.
Of course, the Vick jerseys being donated mean a lot more to the people than to the puppies -- they’re just loving all the attention.

lorim2

Re: Good use for Vick Jersey's
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 05:21:21 am »
Thats the greatest thing I have heard yet!!!

Offline marinafb

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Good use for Vick Jersey's
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 01:57:41 am »
could not think of a better way to use it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marina
Freya-9 years collie shepard mix
Milo-6 years Pitt Bull
Bryce-3 years English Mastiff
Mab and Angus cool cats