Author Topic: Hey there!  (Read 5270 times)

Offline Tsquared

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Hey there!
« on: August 16, 2007, 06:02:18 am »
Hello all you big paw lovers!

I JUST found this site and am in heaven!  My husband and I own a deaf Great Dane (Petunia) and a Newfoundland (Winston).  Both are rescues. And just to mix it up a little we also have a Papillon (Chloe).  But I am thrilled to find a site that will address BOTH of our giants in one place!

Hopefully I will be able to post a picture soon.  For now, I am drooling over everyone else's photos and soaking up all the great information!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

Leans and slobbers,
Tracy
Petunia, Winston, Chloe
and kitties Prudence, Emma and Oscar
Leans and slobbers,
Tracy
Petunia (deaf Great Dane)
Winston (Newfie)
Chloe (Papillon)
Prudence, Emma, Oscar
 and Linus (felines extraordinaire)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
Re: Hey there!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2007, 06:18:42 am »
welcome to the board! Im Christina. It's so much better having all different kinds of dogs on one forum! cant wait to see your babies :D lots of pics you know!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2007, 06:20:11 am »
Welcome!!  This is a great site, hope you enjoy!!
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 09:59:59 am »
Welcome! I love all of the different breeds and mixes, as well as people of all ages & interests on BPO.  I've learned so much more from all of the variety here.  What we all share though is a true love for our dogs.  I can't wait to hear more about you and Petunia, Winston & Chloe.  BTW, I love their names!   ;D

I'm mom to 3 kids with skin & 3 dog kids with lots of fur (plus our kitties).  Daisy is our Golden/Lab mix, Sammy is our Pyr, and Cassie is our Pyr/? mix.  Sammy came to us from Pyr Rescue, Cassie was rehomed to us by an elderly couple that could no longer care for her, and Daisy we've loved since she was a baby.  I'm glad that you found us!   ;D
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Gracie Belle

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 06:24:22 pm »
Hi Tracy.  Welcome to BPO!  I'm Misty and owned by Gracie Belle, Rosco and finally Linus the cat.  I'm glad you found this site and trust me when I say it will completely live up to your expectations.  I can't wait to see your babies and hear all the stories about their goofey antics.  Oh, and I too really love your fur-kids names.   
Misty slave to:
Gracie Belle, 2 year English Mastiff
Rosco, 1 yr Toy German Shettweiler (designer mutt of course)and toy cause he's not Rotti or GSD size AT ALL.  Though they said he was a mix of the two..  Tonka, 3 year Great Dane
And last and most certainly NOT least, Linus 5 year old cat.

Offline Tsquared

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 11:44:30 pm »
Holly,

You have exactly the dog my husband would like....a dane/mastiff mix!

I was at the local shelter's clinic the other day, picking up a sick kitten to foster, and saw a guy who had a beautiful black dane - not something you see every day in the city!

Love me some danes -- even the mixes!

Thanks for sayin' hi!
Tracy
Leans and slobbers,
Tracy
Winston (Newfie)
Chloe (Papillon)
Prudence, Emma, Oscar

Offline Tsquared

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 11:50:10 pm »
Wow! 

How wonderful to "meet" everyone - and thanks for the compliments regarding everyone's names! 

Misty - I have a cat named Linus too! He's an 8-week old foster kitten who came here to join Oscar - another 8-week old kitten.  They both have URIs so they're quarantined in my son's bedroom - he has a VERY large bedroom.

The other cats in the house are Prudence and Emma who mostly try to pretend that they are the only animals at this address!

Am going to try to post a picture today -- not sure how it will work!

Tracy
Leans and slobbers,
Tracy
Winston (Newfie)
Chloe (Papillon)
Prudence, Emma, Oscar

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2007, 12:01:10 am »
Welcome! I'm Megan mom to Maggie-doberman and Roxie-min pin along with many other animals in my house and plenty of people!
I'm sure you'll love it here! I'd love to see your Papillon, I think they're just adorable! ;D
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline VdogLover

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 12:04:09 am »
 :)Welcome to BPO!!:)

angelsmama

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2007, 12:15:31 am »
welcome to bpo :) i have a female rottweiler/plott hound mix named angel. a male chow/husky mix named bruiser and a male chow/??? mix named chewie. i have a male tabby w/socks named ty. my "freaky" pets are Bob , a 5 ft Ball Python, and Hydra , a 3 ft Ball Python,

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2007, 12:34:19 am »
Welcome to BPO! I love your photo! Thats the cutest dane ever!
Im Jodi (but Please, call me Jo). Mom to Zero & Jigsaw- Bull terriers, Memphis- Great dane and Reba- Chinese Crested. Also, they have their kitty brothers and sister, Simba, Sabbath, Kimahri, and Lil Meow.
its good to meet you *so to speak* and i cant wait to see pics of all your babies! I bet they are gorgeous.
Welcome

Jo
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 01:40:30 am »
Tracy,
Welcome to the board- I am the foster failure and that is why I now have 3 Great Danes. That is in addition to the 4 Great Pyrenees and the Newfie mix. And then add all of that to what ever is here for fostering. My son has 2 cats that live in his room, Zora and Zilla and there is a cantankerous African Grey. We have a couple of littles as well. This is a very busy place most days, but we are never short on love and kisses or dog hair.
I have improved my fostering record though since the Danes and have seen some littles as well as a Saint Bernard move on to forever homes. This is a great site and we are glad to have you here- now more pics...please.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2007, 02:32:15 am »
Hi and welcome to the board.  I'm Kat and my crew is listed below.  I'm sorry that I missed this post earlier.  Your dane is very pretty.  I can't wait to see more pics of your group.

Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 03:57:04 pm »
Hey there Tracy and welcome to the board! I'm Tina (not Jacks mom) hehe, but mom to Annie, Merri, and Tripper. You're going to love it here.

Offline ZooCrew

• Tail Wagging Champ
  • Never say Never to a pet in need
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2007, 03:30:20 am »
Hello and welcome!  Love your siggy name and your crew's names.

My name is Chris, and my crew consists of Keiko, a husky/shep mix, Gunther, a great dane, and Nigel and Posey, two rat terriers.  In addition to Pasta, a cockatiel and Sunny and Tater, two rex rats, and several fish.