Author Topic: Ok - Starting to panic...  (Read 10940 times)

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
Re: Ok - Starting to panic...
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2007, 06:16:17 pm »
haha!  You are all too much!  LOL!  I used t have puppies all the time but it's been long enough that I be demoted from an EPP to a UPP.  I'll work my way back up though.

I'm glad I questioned you guys about her food.  She's been scratching a lot and it's definitely not fleas...maybe the food?  Poor baby has little scabs all over her...You can feel them when you rub into her fur.

~ Stephanie
Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole - Roger Caras

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret
Peaches, Sean, Thunderbolt, Chablis, Lucky, Miracle, Ivy, Riley-Whitetail Deer

Offline CrazyLoveRosie

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2007, 07:28:09 pm »
Where do you buy Innova or Canidae? It's usually not available at Petsmart or Petco right?
Rosie - Newfoundland

Nicole

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2007, 08:03:25 pm »

chaosndestruction

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2007, 10:15:07 pm »
We buy our Canidae at one of our local feedstores ;D

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2007, 10:40:32 pm »
After much consideration, I've decided to go with the Canidae.  I am probably going to purchase from a local feed store also...  LOL!  I feel much better about things now.

Thank you, thank you, thank you BPOers!!

~ Stephanie

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2007, 01:44:40 am »
Yeah, I can find the Canidae at feed stores too, makes it easy! One store near me had an awesome sale on it last time too. I have the hardest time finding Innova around me for some reason, unless it's Innova Evo.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2007, 02:22:59 am »
haha!  You are all too much!  LOL!  I used t have puppies all the time but it's been long enough that I be demoted from an EPP to a UPP.  I'll work my way back up though.

I'm glad I questioned you guys about her food.  She's been scratching a lot and it's definitely not fleas...maybe the food?  Poor baby has little scabs all over her...You can feel them when you rub into her fur.

~ Stephanie
In regards to the scabbies.  Could it be the heat?  I know that's something I'm going to have to watch out for next summer with Naja.  With her soft undercoat, if the weather is too warm it can cause skin irritation and scabbies.
Oh yeah!  BTW thanks for the food info, I'll be switching Naja on Friday.   ;D
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2007, 03:37:26 am »
hmmm...I hadn't thought about the heat...  I'm usually fanatical about making sure she's not too hot, but I'm sure it is bothering her.

Jeff also suggested that maybe swimming in the pond water all the time could be the problem.  i guess a visit to the vet will help clear things up.

~ Stephanie

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Nicole

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2007, 06:34:24 am »
Oooooh, the pond could be a big problem! Watch those ponds. They can have toxic cyanobacteria that can be deadly to dogs. Look for a scum on the surface. There can also be things that aren't deadly that can irritate...e.c oli, small bugs, etc.

Heat rash also happens in dogs, so yeah, that could be an issue.

Offline Newly Newfed

• Top Doggie Dog
  • Sierra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2007, 08:44:34 pm »
I'm not too worried about the big pond on my in laws property...no scum on that anywhere and our Lab has been swimming in it for years with no problems.  The little frog pond next to our front walk is a different story.   No scum on it, but it does look pretty gross and she will jump in and lay in it...It's just big enough for her.  Magic never goes in and has never had skin issues.  We were considering getting rid of the pond anyway, so maybe this will be the deciding factor...

~ Stephanie

Sierra-Newfoundland
Cody-Papillon
Oscar, Gina- Cats
Roxy-Ferret

Offline Brenda1427

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 23, 2007, 12:49:58 am »
Hello. I am new to this board.  I was researching information about basset hounds and came across this board.  My daughter and I are the new parents of Lola a 11 week basset. Because I was already feeding my 2yr old lab Innova I chose Innova puppy for Lola.  Any comments that would help us make sure we are feeding her the correct amount and kind of food.  One thing I was worried about was bloat and also growing too quickly.  After the vet appt we were told its also possible that she has luxating patella.  So I want to make sure I am doing the right thing with what I feed her and also any supplements that might be needed to help with the luxating patella.