Author Topic: Another dog in need  (Read 9001 times)

bigdogs@5501

Another dog in need
« on: August 21, 2007, 02:04:11 am »
I do not look for these things- really. So here's the deal. Neighbors (about a mile down the road) said that someone has tossed a dog out of the car. Well of course they did, why not? Everyone out in the country just cant wait for one more poor unwanted dog to be dumped out here because we have land and maybe the dog can hunt and catch its own food and be free. Well the dog has what looks like a broken leg. I have for the past 2 nites tried to catch her. She is amazingly fast on three legs. She is scared. She has actually come up to me 2-3 times and kissed my hand before she retreated, but she doesnt hang out long enough for me to catch her. GRRR. Front leg looks pretty ugly. So again I will be trying to catch the poor baby. She is probably less than a year old- and looks like she could be part dobie and part chocolate lab. She is marked like a red doberman but her nose and body is more of the lab variety. I am sure that had some one been creative enough, we could call her a designer dog. Hmm maybe a Dobie Lab? So if I can catch her, the amazing Dr.Gray will get the pleasure of one more of my wayward 4 legged friends gracing the doorsteps to her office.I have not budgeted for this and so that is one more worry. The biggest fear though is that I dont want the coyotes to catch her before I can catch her.
There has to be a reason - I said that I needed a break and well I am just not getting it-
Cross your fingers that I can actually catch her tonite.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: Another dog in need
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 02:47:43 am »
fingers, toes and everything else crossed...poor girl
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 02:51:50 am »
All fingers and paws crossed that you catch her.

Paige, let me know if I can help out in any way. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline dober_gurl

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 03:12:51 am »
Awww good luck with catching her! Poor girl hopefully in your hands she's going to be way better off than she was before. :(
"None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed"

Maggie-Doberman
Molly-Papillon
Mickey-Mutt
Collin-Kitty
Sunny-Amazon Parrot
Squishy-Guinea Pig
Harper/Lyric-Rats

Offline 2Criminals

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 07:02:12 am »
I actually saw an ad for purebred Labradobes in the paper a couple months ago....maybe you found one.

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 12:05:22 pm »
The poor girl!  All fingers, toes, and paws crossed here that you were able to catch her.  Bless you for helping!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 01:32:44 pm »
Dog 3, Paige 0
I couldnt find her last nite- There were some guys out there shooting thier guns so maybe she was scared of that and was hiding. I got a text message about 11 last nite that she showed back up for food but it was too late and too dark to do anything, we will again try tonight.

Nicole

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 03:43:11 pm »
I like Dobrador, myself.

Paige. If you get her, let us know. We'll help you with the vet stuff.

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 03:48:13 pm »
Paige - I swear you are a saint!
Hopefully she will let you catch her ASAP.
Count me in for help with the vet bills!

Anakalia

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 05:43:42 pm »
Paige you are awesome!! Good luck on finding her.

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 07:04:12 pm »
My friends sister has this happen to her too, she lives out in the country also.  People actually drop their dogs at the end of her driveway!!  I will second that you are a saint, and so is your vet!!  Good luck catching her, are any of your dogs quietly social??  I know when I was trying to catch a hound (when I too lived out in the country) he took to one of my dogs and that made it a little easier.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 07:07:49 pm »
Laberman Pinchtriever? Doberdor Retincher? Good luck with her. I'd be a real sucker for a mix like that, so I'm really glad I live faaaarrrr away!!
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Icerotti

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 07:14:08 pm »
awwww the poor girl must be so scared..I hope you can get her soon. Good Luck
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 07:14:43 pm by Icerotti »

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2007, 01:33:24 am »
I will be going back down the street in a little while- UGH, this is work. I think that I am going to take Tugs, he is the most mellow sociable little fluff ball ever, so maybe she will be more comfortable. I spent my lunch hour shopping for treats and we are going to pull out the ATV as a last resort. My son is coming home to help.
You guys are way funny. Saint and Sucker both start with an S, my husband is leaning towards Sucker, but god bless him, he hasnt even tried to talk me out of this mission.
If I can catch her and anyone wants to help, I will post the amazing Dr.Grays phone number. Her staff knows that an appointment for me is silly since I show up at random with the needy.
OH and what was my comment about taking a break...geez

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2007, 02:09:12 am »
You really are amazing.  I wish there were more people out there like you.  I hope you catch her tonight, so she can get the help that she needs, and a home that will love her.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!