Author Topic: Stella update  (Read 9333 times)

Offline navarre1316

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Stella update
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 04:50:40 pm »
Oh, I'm sorry that Stella girl isn't feeling well!!  I hope the vet can fix her up and she will be home soon.  Hugs, slobbers and prayers to you.
God placed me on this earth to accomplish certain tasks...I'm so far behind I'll never die!!

Navarre: GSD 9/13/99-5/14/06 patiently waiting
Issabeaux: GSD 1/27/07
Daphne: Boxer
Stone: Siamese mix

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 09:56:45 am »
She is seven months old.  We just got word that she has an infection/fluid in her knees and a temp of 104.9 F.  The antibiotics are just not working.  :-[ The vet is going in today and relieve the fluid and see how bad the infection is.  Thanks for all the support.  It looks like she will stay the weekend at the vet.  We miss her but we know she is in good hands.

Awwww poor baby!  :'(  How is she doing now?
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline stella

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2007, 04:04:50 am »
We just got her back today and she is doing ok.  The bandages are off but the her knees have swelled up like baseballs.  She is still on pain and anti-inflammatory meds to help her out. The stitches are irritating her so to prevent her from biting at them, they put the cone on her.  At this point, we are just taking her out to go to the bathroom.  We should be able to get the stitches out and get the cone removed this weekend.  She will be so happy. 

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2007, 06:24:26 am »
Awwwww!  Poor Stella!  I'm glad to hear that she's back home with you.  I know you'll keep her as happy and comfortable as you can.  Sending positive thoughts and prayers for a speedy and uneventful recovery.  Before you know it, you'll be posting pics of her running around. :)
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Cheyenne; Belgian Malinois 1/8/07
Calisto(aka Arch Nemisis); 7/4/03

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2007, 07:37:24 pm »
Owwww, poor little Stella!  Her eyes really tell a story, don't they?  Please give her gentle hugs & kisses from me.  I know that it's tough on everyone when a pup is feeling lousy, so take care of yourselves, too and please keep us updated.  I hope that she's feeling better soon.   :-*
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2007, 09:32:38 pm »
If dogs could talk I'm sure she would have a bunch to say. Her picture brings tears to my eyes. Poor girl. Give her kisses and big hugs from me and the gang. I hate to see an animal look so sad.

Offline stella

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 05:01:58 pm »
Just a quick update.  We were at the vet yesterday and she got her stitches out and some drainage was removed from her knees.  They were very engorged and one of them actually blew the other day.  She is definitely acting more like herself everyday. We're on the mend.  Thanks for your support.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 05:07:25 pm »
I am glad to hear that Stella is getting better!!! When is the cone will come out? She would be so much happier without it  :)

We are wishing you a speedy recovery Stella  :-* :-* :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 05:18:17 pm »
Awwww. Poor Stella. She looks like such a trooper in those pictures! She's so beautiful, even with the shaved hair and cone over her head! I'm glad she's doing better and better each day. ;D She'll be back to her old self in no time. ;)
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline stella

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 02:36:55 am »
Stella is doing great today, playing and enjoying all of her yummy treats :)  We take her cone off when she goes outside and then for awhile while we are watching her and playing.  She can't be trusted though!  Every time we aren't watching she is quick to get to her legs.  We had to have her legs re-bandaged again Sat at the vet. The one on her right leg didn't last more than 24 hours :) Luckily it was on the leg that wasn't as swollen, it actually looks like it's almost back to normal size. We still have the bandage on her left leg...hopefull y it will stay put for a few more days to help keep the swelling at bay.