Author Topic: In Memory of Arwen and Aragorn  (Read 10341 times)

GYPSY JAZMINE

Re: In Memory of Arwen and Aragorn
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2005, 02:17:20 pm »
Jackie, It was evident from the first time that I spoke to you how special Arwen was & how very much you loved her...It is just one fo the things that impressed me about you not only as a breeder but as a person...Yes, we will take Pippin into our lives & our hearts...I just see so much of Arwen in him...How could I not love him?...He has lost his sister & brother...So very sad...I know that Arwen would have wanted it this way...Ty Jackie for everything & ty to all of B.P.'s for being here for us!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2005, 03:09:30 pm »
Oh NOOOOOO!!!!!!
I just read on the bottom of the page that we lost a member and then found out who! Poor little babies!! The heat is really getting scary!! Hang in there everyone, and let's all keep our sweeties cool and safe! I'm so sorry you had to go through this Tanimara!  :'(

Offline PupDaddy

• Paw-meister
  • Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2005, 03:34:54 pm »
  I would like to take the time to reply to each and everyone of your posts but considering how many of you have shown us support that would be hard to do. 

You don't worry about us Jackie. It is time for us to be here for you, not the other way around.

Dance like nobody's watching; love like you've never been hurt. Sing like nobody's listening; live like it's heaven on earth."
  --  Mark Twain

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2005, 03:41:57 pm »
I have been crying 15 min straight, since I logged on and read that we have lost two more BPO dogs. Chelle and Jackie, I am thinking of you both and your families. I can relate to how very traumatic it must have been to find them. Chills went through my body and it was like going back in time when I found Buffy. There is so much you ask yourself when something like this happens, so many if's you wonder over. But there is no way we can foresee everything. Sometimes life is just horribly unfair and devestating.

Sweet little Aragorn and Arwen, have a safe crossing and there will be several dogs there to meet and greet you, and play with you. Your human families will miss you badly, but you already knew that. You knew how loved you were and that they would do anything to make your stay here longer if they could.

Know that they passed happy, they were together, they knew just how loved they were and even if there stay here was way too short, they touched soooo many people. They are missed by people who never even met them, people who never got to pet them cry over them and pray for them. They know that and can be proud of having had the good life they had, even though way too short.

Lots and lots of huggs from me, Hera, Galahad and Zeus

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2005, 03:48:46 pm »
I am so glad to hear that something beautiful is flowering from something tragic, and that little Pippin will have a new home with a loving family. 

He is a very lucky pup to come from such a great place and to go to another one.  Jackie and Chelle, you are both very special people. 
*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2005, 03:57:02 pm »
You guys are too awesome!...I don't think I have ever seen a better bunch of people in one place at one time...Not even church...lol.. .Getting Pippin is bittersweet... He is adorable & I fell in love with him when I got that pic Jackie sent today...It didn't hurt that I had Arwen whispering into my heart that I should take him home & love him as I would have her...I will always look at him & remember Arwen though...I guess that's not such a bad thing. :) For some reason it must have been Pippin that was meant to be here all along or Arwen would have stayed...I am going to go eat something & take a nap now...I feel absolutely drained...It's been a very emotional day...Ty all for being here!

Offline pndlake

• Leader of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2005, 04:05:52 pm »
Our hearts go out to you.  I know it is very unusual for it to get that HOT where you live and the humidity makes it worse.  Alas, just when we least expect it -bam.  We are so sorry and are thinking of all of you.

Peggy
Peggy

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 25, 2005, 04:09:07 pm »
Every time I stop crying, I read something that set me off again. Yes Gyp..... I am sure it was meant this way, Pippin is a very lucky puppy and I know that Arwen would want it that way.

You are such a good person with such a big heart.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2005, 04:12:37 pm »
How old were these puppies?

Puppies have more trouble regulating their body temperature in the heat, and so do older dogs.

Pyrs have been bred with the coat to be LGDs in mountainous terrain where they probably usually work in cooler temperatures.

I'm so sorry for your loss, they were 2 lovely puppies.
Ty Red...They were beautiful...No w to answer your questions...Th e pups were 5 months old...Jackie has been breeding Pyrs for 20 yrs. without any other incidents such as this...She knows her dogs...Yes, Pyrs were bred origionally for mountainous terrain & the like climate but they are used all over as LGD's...I got Samson from a woman who has sheep near here...it gets hot & humid in Iowa in the summer...Her dogs live...I don't know why this happened to Arwen & Aragorn but I have come to know, respect, & like Jackie...I stand behind her & her dogs 100%.

Offline Saljen

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Rosie with icy whiskers
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2005, 04:53:30 pm »
i am so incredibly sorry that this happened to you! i don't know  you guys beyond reading your posts on here, but i couldn't help but sit here and cry over the loss of your two beautiful dogs. just know that their sweet spirits will always live on, in all of your hearts as well as somewhere out there, having fun playing, chasing goats, together forever.