Author Topic: OK I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT HERE *Vet Update*  (Read 6999 times)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: OK I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT HERE
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 05:08:28 pm »
Good luck tomorrow. Stop torturing yourself by feeling them all the time. Wait and see what the vet has to say tomorrow. (easier said than done, I know). Just trying to calm ya down. Give us some news tomorrow ASAP!

Anakalia

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2007, 05:12:25 pm »
Good luck at the vet, I'll be sending tons of positive get well vibes her way!

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2007, 07:37:00 pm »
Try not to worry too much, and I have to agree with everyone else.  Get away from Google!  I do the same thing; drives hubby crazy!  There is such thing as too much info and it sends you into a tizzy over nothing. 

Sending you positive thoughts!  Give your girl a big hug and let us know how she does at the vet tomorrow.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Cheyenne; Belgian Malinois 1/8/07
Calisto(aka Arch Nemisis); 7/4/03

Nicole

Re: OK I AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT HERE *Vet Update*
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 10:12:03 pm »
oooooooh-kay.

So, I took her to the vet this morning. As he was checking her out, he looked up at me, kind of pondered for a second, and then said,

"I hate the internet".

I said, "What do you mean?"

"Look at you. You're scared. The first thing you found on-line was malignant lymphoma, wasn't it?"

Damn. He's good. Anyway, so he felt her all over and said that actually, things seem OK. He said that all of the other nodes are just fine. He gave her a shot of anti-biotics and a round of amoxi. He wants to see her back next Saturday to see if that has shrunk them. If not, he's going to biopsy. So, we have a week reprieve. He seemed pretty positive, though.

Fingers crossed for my old girl. She was a trooper at the vet and EVERY SINGLE TECH came in and told me how wonderful I was for adopting her. I'm the lucky one, though. She's such a sweetheart. I'm glad that the doc things she's going to be OK. And thanks for everyone's encouragement, and I'm SWEARING OFF of Google for now.

(but not the wiki...have you guys checked out Mike Vick on the Wiki? Fascinating.)

Offline Gevaudan_Jo

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 10:27:05 pm »
WOOO. thats great news!
YIPPIEEEEEEEEE
Jodi & Darcy
Proud Parents of
Zero-Bull Terrier
Jigsaw-Bull Terrier
Repo- Jigsaw's baby Bull Terrier
Reba-Chinese Crested
Pavi-Xolo
Simba,Sabbath,Kimahri, Lil' Meow & Slimon-Cats
Robin the hermit crab and the 8 legged freak, Webley!
~ waiting at the bridge, Zeus and Memphis, great danes ~

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 10:35:37 pm »
wonderful!!! google is the devil... they ALWAYS show you the worst thing first.. i remember when i first googled HOD when my vet told me my pup had it.. the first thing i saw was "death" so of course, i cried.. yep...google is the devil...
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 02:27:26 am »
Wow that's great news.

Nicole

« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 03:36:54 pm »
Thanks guys. I'm still worried, but you should have seen her last night! She was running around all silly and just acting so...puppyish.

I'm wondering if she's been fighting something this whole time, and the antibiotics are making her feel better? The nodes are still huge, but she does seem to feel better.

Nicole

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2007, 03:47:58 pm »
Ok, so yesterday, I took Miss Mabel to work with me. Not my office job, my second job working at Tryon Farm. Tryon Farm is a "conservation community". Its basically a sub-division, but is really anything but that. Its 175 acres of restored wetlands, forest, prairies and ponds. Its really super beautiful.

Anyway, Miss Mabel ran, jumped, played and swam with Cabeza and her new friend Bailey, an Irish Water Spaniel.

She truly seems to be feeling 400% better. And, I mean...better than she has felt ever since I've had her.

BUT...the nodes are still like softballs. :(

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2007, 03:52:18 pm »
Oh Nicole - what a relief - your lady is going to be just fine! I was thinking about her all weekend - soooo glad the vet appt. went well and Miss Mabel is feeling better!

P.S. is Tryon Farm hiring?  That place sounds friggin' awesome!

Nicole

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2007, 03:56:13 pm »
Oh Nicole - what a relief - your lady is going to be just fine! I was thinking about her all weekend - soooo glad the vet appt. went well and Miss Mabel is feeling better!

hahha, well, Rachel. I'll sell you a house. How about that? Its a cool place. Check out the site. http://www.tryonfarm.com/

Also, its REALLY dog friendly. There are quite a few dogs there, and everyone walks them together and looks out for them. Its great. And I can bring them to work with me when I go. YAY!

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2007, 03:59:47 pm »

hahha, well, Rachel. I'll sell you a house. How about that? Its a cool place. Check out the site. http://www.tryonfarm.com/

Also, its REALLY dog friendly. There are quite a few dogs there, and everyone walks them together and looks out for them. Its great. And I can bring them to work with me when I go. YAY!

SOLD!  Just have to wait till Tuesday when I win the $250 million dollar Mega Millions jackpot!  ;D

p.s. that place is friggin' awesome!!!

Anakalia

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2007, 05:12:42 pm »
I'm so glad Mabel is feeling better!   ;D

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2007, 06:08:13 pm »
I'm so glad Mabel is feeling better, a lot better! :D  Taking her to work with you must have done wonders for her spirit.  Your vet seems like a great guy, let us know how it goes next week. 
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Cheyenne; Belgian Malinois 1/8/07
Calisto(aka Arch Nemisis); 7/4/03