Author Topic: UPDATE and Pics of Blake, Kate, and Us!  (Read 3782 times)

k2campbell

UPDATE and Pics of Blake, Kate, and Us!
« on: August 21, 2007, 03:22:23 am »
Hi everyone,

Whew. It's been crazy around here...lots going on!

Mom issue...I'm not even going to go there, it's WAY complex right now. BUT - we know we will get through it and that she'll be happy...one day  ::)

I wasn't doing that great (and I'm really not one to complain) but was having severe pain in my tailbone, it was getting hard for me to get around. I was told that some women bruise their tailbones during delivery, especially with the type of delivery I had (Blake was "sunny-side-up")... ;) Well I finally found out that (ready for this)???.............. .............. .............. .............. .............. .............

I BROKE MY TAILBONE delivering Blake!!! :o :o :o DUH! I felt so stupid for not getting it checked out earlier...but oh well! Obviously there's nothing I can do for it other than take it easy and try to stay off of it as much as possible (ya - like that is easy to do) LOL!!! ::) It just proves how "in the zone" you can be in labor...I couldn't even distinguish between contraction/pushing pain vs. breaking a bone in my own body... :P Honestly all I can do is laugh to how oblivious I was!!! :D :D :D

Blake is doing GREAT! He's changed so much already, which is good and bad I suppose...they grow soooooooo fast!!! ::) Kate is doing great too...she has adapted really well to having a little bro and just loves that little boy to pieces! ;) We are so lucky to have a sweet dog like her, she is such an angel!  :-*

I'm attaching some links to some pictures of Blake, Kate, and us!

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17471&l=c360f&id=611835942

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=17472&l=d6a20&id=611835942

Oh, and a few more pics of Kate on her own from camping and hanging out at home  ;)

Hope everyone is doing well! :-* :-* :-*

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: UPDATE and Pics of Blake, Kate, and Us!
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2007, 03:34:43 am »
Those are great pics.  Blake is getting so big.  So sorry to hear about your broken tail bone that's a real PITA!   ;D 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2007, 03:51:39 am »
Blake is such a cutie!  Almost makes me want another one... almost.  I love the pic of Kate laying next to his seat and you can just see him napping in the mirror.  Too cute!  Hope you feel better soon.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Cheyenne; Belgian Malinois 1/8/07
Calisto(aka Arch Nemisis); 7/4/03

Offline LibbyP

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2007, 04:08:31 am »
OMG Kelly that 3rd pic down of Kate... she really doesn't like camping at all does she haha  ;) Blake is growing so much, and I LOVE when they sleep with their hands above their head ~ so cute  :-* (q) are those tiny baby leg warmers? I have never seen them before sweet idea.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. ~ Will Rogers

mama to ~Libby 6.5yr E.Mastiff
         Stormy 2yr Boston Terrier
         RIP my sweet 'old man' Hoover (1993-2007)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2007, 04:58:21 am »
Wow you broke it! GEEZ. All I can say it ouch. I didn't know he was sunny side up, you poor girl. Those pics are awesome. He is growing so much but so itty bitty still. Kate looks wonderful. I too love the pic of her by his carseat, just too sweet. She's such a wonderful dog to have around! I'm glad you guys are doing well and all adjusting to this new life! Keep it up!

Did you make your own leg warmers for him? I tried to do that for my baby after I bought her one pair of 'baby legs', realizing how simple they should be and how much they charge for them! But I can't sew or get creative that way so they didn't work as well lol. I love the look though, adorable. ;)

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2007, 07:03:25 am »
Awwwww, Blake is adorable!!!  I too love the pic of him in his carseat and Kate keeping watch over him.  That pic of you and Blake at the ballgame is really wonderful, you both look so happy all snuggled up together.  I really think that you should frame that one.   :)

Agh, broke your tailbone?  Owwwww, shudder!  The dr said that I "bent" mine (huh???) when I had our first son and I remember how uncomfortable that was!  The funny thing was that it stayed kind of uncomfortable until I had our second child, then it was fine after he was born.  Odd but true... :-\   I hope that you're feeling fine soon and that everything works out with your mom.  I've been thinking of you and wondering how things were working out.
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

EllieAndBlu

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2007, 03:36:38 pm »
Wow Kelly - that is quite an update!  That suxes about your tailbone - hope your recovery is quick!

OMG - I cant believe how much Blake has grown.... that is one handsome boy! I loved looking at all the family pics... and Kate is as gorgeous as ever!  :)

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 04:10:32 pm »
What a beautiful baby and pup and family .. my son will be 33 in two days, I'm having baby flashbacks big time.
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2007, 04:36:37 pm »
Oh girl...I feel for you!! My son was 9# 8oz...22 1/2" and they had to use forceps on him. After all that the only recovery pain I had was my tailbone!!! I couldn't sit on my rear, I had to sit on my hip. After several weeks the x-rayed it and claimed it wasn't broken. I took months for the pain to go away and I still feel it when it is rainy out etc. and my son is 5 years old now.

Your pics. are great! Blake is sooo cute. and miss Kate is beautiful. I have never seen the "baby legs" before!!! how cute. Someone is a millionare now. LOL I love the pic of Kate and Blake on the chair together, very sweet.

-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Nicole

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2007, 05:03:31 pm »
OH, Kelly! That is crazy that you broke your tailbone! I know what a sunny-side-up delivery is like, too. I had one with Molly. It SUCKS!  I can't look at the pics at work, but I'm sure Blake is ADORABLE!

Jodi-I had a sunny-side up delivery with Molly. I didn't break my tailbone, but I couldn't sit or lie flat on my back for YEARS. When she was about 8 years old, I finally saw a chiropractor for it. He fixed it and I've been fine ever since. You might want to check into that!

Anakalia

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2007, 05:27:01 pm »
Awesome pics!  Everyone looks great, baby Blake is growing so fast!  Broken tailbone is not fun at all!  Sucks that its one of those bones you can't do anything about when it's broke.  I hope you're feeling better soon.

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2007, 05:57:42 pm »
Seems like yesterday when I joined PBO and you're Avatar was you prego. Not it's the little guy! Time sure does fly when you're having fun! The pics are great and makes me miss that stage of chilhood. Mine are all grown now.

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2007, 07:14:47 pm »
Awe, he is so cute!! You guys look so peaceful and relaxed! Hope it's true ;). Sorry things are rough with mom, and, of course, sorry you broke your butt. That really stinks! Stay, er, off it? What the heck are you supposed to do? Take care, anyway...
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

k2campbell

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2007, 09:28:50 pm »
Thanks everyone for all your nice comments on the pictures and for the well wishes regarding my tailbone. Honestly, it hurts but I'm over it. It's just something I've learned to deal with and things could be a lot worse, really  ;)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!!! :-*

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 12:51:57 am »
awwww it does go way too fast, Kate looks great! imma go look at your facebook later. i cant wait to see how much he's changed, Brett man's almost 6 months old and i cant get over how much he's changed....and I see all the time.!?!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown