Author Topic: my crazy doctor is at it again...  (Read 5225 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Re: my crazy doctor is at it again...
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2007, 11:57:10 pm »
the last thing i want is a c-section.  i've heard so many people say they were super uncomfortable after one!  hubby and i have been butting heads over him volunteering me for things for a bit now.  ever since the partial thing he brought up.  he thinks he "knows it all" and i know what my personal experience is, and with that i know that's about all i could handle doing with the way things went.  my biggest fear is not being able to have the baby naturally and either having no choice but to have a c-section or to get completely doped up to where i don't have any control over ANYthing that happens to me.  i have such bad luck, i don't even want to have that possibility with this situation.  i'd wake up with a gender change somehow!

all my other doctors have always taken charge and decided for me, BUT they always had my best interest at heart.  they've always told me "no thats not a good idea and i won't do it because..."  this doctor tunes more into hubby than me.  hubby told me that he thinks i'm uncomfortable with this doctor JUST because he's agreeing and doing what (catch this) *we* want instead of how the military doctors do it where hubby says "they get paid the same amount no matter what hours they work and they just want the easy way out.  the only reason they're a military doctor is because they couldn't make it in the civilian world"...  i don't agree, i think it makes them MORE human to do that for way less than civilians get paid, obviously they have to have passion for their work and the people, if they get paid so little...  right??

by the way, does it hurt when they break your water for you?  mine i never felt it, but it's always gone naturally...

Ugh it's too bad you guys have to even have this discussion. I'm not familiar with military care or anything so I can't relate to that. It's just a shame it's THIS complicated!!! And not just about the baby, then you have the added burden of the surgery on top of that, ugh.

As far as them breaking my water, I wouldn't say it hurt, no. It was uncomfortable and awkward feeling. All I remember it feeling like was some pressure and a pinching sensation. They use that long plastic stick with a hook on the end and put that up there (hence the awkwardness haha), doesn't sound comfy does it? lol. But it's not what I'd consider pain. Though my brother in laws's sister just had her first baby a couple weeks ago, and apparently she threw up after they broke it- but she's a bit of a whimp. ;) It could have been from the change in contractions that made her do that though, since it definitely intensifies things. It was nice last time having it broken before any contractions started because they came on hard, and I didn't have several hours to get used to contractions with a buffer there.

Like you, my biggest fear has always been a c-section. I have different reasons other than the recovery for not wanting one, that is the last of my concerns actually but.. I know several people that have had them and said they were nothing. Probably depends on your body, your pain tolerance, how fast you heal, and how much you have to do ya know. Still, I pray I never need one.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 12:16:55 am »
now you have me curious as to why you don't want one?  ha ha curiosity kills me! 

i feel awkward just getting a pelvic.  i dread them.  ask hubby, i take two baths before and two or three after.  i feel really "dirty" even though it is a doctor.  i've always been like that.  i'd hate to see how i felt if he breaks my water ha ha

i've heard friends say they puked after having their water break b/c of the sinking feeling in their tummy.  everybody in my family has had a c-section with all of their kids, so they think i'm a freak for having them naturally :P no help from them!  as far as pain tolerance, i have a high one.  tolerance in general, i have none.  with aiden i had over a dozen stitches with no anesthetic and didn't cry, but BOY was i frustrated with the doctor.
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 12:18:10 am »
well ive had both of mine by c-section so i realy dont know any different. i personaly dont think it hurt that bad, esp.the second time, but then again my pain tolerance is pretty high i've decided... seriously, seriously, find a different doc. i cant believe this is happening, it would honestly scare the h*ll out of me if i was being treated like that under those sercumstances. my Gyno, and family doc. are like friends with me, they are wonderfull people, and im so comfortable with them I feel i can tell them anything. you'll know if the next one is right. i hope you can solve this problem. what a horrible thing to have to go through. and while youre all prego! bop your husband on the head good and proper for me ok?
for heaven sakes if a man told me he knew what was better for my prego body than i did!?!? i'd laugh him off the face of the planet! :D
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 03:06:59 am »
Haha it's just a personal thing with me and having the experience of birth, just didn't want to step on any toes of people that have had c-sections ya know. I would feel it was completely stolen from me and that I failed in numerous ways. I often have nightmares of giving birth and not having any memories of it, like my memory is blank or I blacked out somewhere during the process. It might sound silly to some but it's a HUGE thing with me. But I know very well that birth is something you really can't plan and that you don't call the shots ultimately so I go in aware of that, just doesn't change the fact that I would be devestated if I couldn't have a baby naturally. I know me, and I wouldn't want to deal with all the emotions I would be left with. :-\ Blahh