Author Topic: Rain, Rain Go Away, NOW!!!  (Read 3528 times)

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
Rain, Rain Go Away, NOW!!!
« on: August 23, 2007, 08:51:30 pm »
Sorry guys, but I have to get this out.  We've been getting an endless stream of bad storms and the kids and dog are stuck inside driving me crazy!  It wasn't so bad at first, a day of rain, and then out they went the next.  But so far we're on day three with no sign of relief until the weekend.  I work from home so this has been testing my sanity more than usual.  If the dog isn't getting the kids up all worked up, the kids are getting her worked up.  I lost count of everything that's been spilled, dumped and ground into my carpets and I'm losing my patience and my voice.  And the worst part is, I can't stop them when I'm talking to a client on the phone!  Instead I look like some lunatic with my arms waving all over the place and throwing dirty looks at the kids and dog, which of coarse, they all play dumb to.  I feel like biting something!  GRRRRR! >:(
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Cheyenne; Belgian Malinois 1/8/07
Calisto(aka Arch Nemisis); 7/4/03

Nicole

Re: Rain, Rain Go Away, NOW!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 08:59:42 pm »
hahahha, I hear ya. I'm in N.W. Indiana, and its been pretty much raining here for 3-4 days. We had tornados yesterday. My dogs are whiny, panty and generally a PITA. No lil kids though. Unless you county my husband. (yes, Jenn...HUSBAND ..hehehe..)

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 09:28:13 pm »
Don't get me started on those tornado sirens!  They were going crazy yesterday.  Flooding, tornados, downed trees, it's been a mess.  We're in the Western Suburbs of Chicago and I know you guys have been getting hit even harder.  All things must pass, right?!?!
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Anakalia

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 09:32:09 pm »
It's been raining here non-stop!  We've had flash flood warnings a lot.  We have a small creek running through our backyard, and it's not so small anymore! hahaa  I think the worst part is, Koby refuses to go outside when it's raining so the poor boy only gets to go out about 2 times a day in between rain storms and he won't run or play, he thinks getting his feet wet will make him melt.  ::)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 10:05:45 pm »
hahaa  I think the worst part is, Koby refuses to go outside when it's raining so the poor boy only gets to go out about 2 times a day in between rain storms and he won't run or play, he thinks getting his feet wet will make him melt.  ::)

It's been raining here too. This is my last day of vacation and the weather sucks! Not one of my dogs likes to go out in the rain of if it's wet out. I can't figure it out, I have to literally put them out or chase them around to get them to go out. No fun at all. And this humidity is just killing me.

marypyrs

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 12:40:59 am »
You Guys can send some of that rain my way anytime. The weather has been nuts all over the place. Some parts of MN and WI are flooded horribly. We're sitting in a draught. The ground is cracked. Wells are going dry. Fields are brown. But - at least - the temps are cool.

Angel101798 - you'll probably laugh at this - but I'm kind of like "GRRRRRR" too. Not because of the rain. (I wish!) But because my garden has been DRYING UP before my eyes! It's too far from the house to string a hose. And the water barrels just aren't doing it. SO - I'm hauling it up the hill via wheel barrel.

However, I can identify with pups not wanting to get their feet wet. When it DOES get wet around here my guys have to be literally pulled out that back door and then act like "EWWWWWW!!!!! Yuuuuck!"  :(

Snow. Well that's another story and the pulling is to get them BACK inside.  ;)

Offline Ouch

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Sadie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 01:26:11 am »
Hasn't this been the most amazing year .. we've had 1/2" of rain on Aug 2nd.  That's it for 2 months and most places in the county didn't get that.  We're on week two of 100 sometimes plus degrees and we're looking like TX instead of KY .. except that TX has had so much rain.  Where in the heck is that happy medium anyway?
Copper, 12 yr old American Cocker
Emmitt, 7 yr old English Springer Spaniel
Sadie, 2 yr old Newfie
OnryHenry, 17 yr old King Feline of KY

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 10:51:32 am »
You Guys can send some of that rain my way anytime. The weather has been nuts all over the place. Some parts of MN and WI are flooded horribly. We're sitting in a draught. The ground is cracked. Wells are going dry. Fields are brown. But - at least - the temps are cool.

Angel101798 - you'll probably laugh at this - but I'm kind of like "GRRRRRR" too. Not because of the rain. (I wish!) But because my garden has been DRYING UP before my eyes! It's too far from the house to string a hose. And the water barrels just aren't doing it. SO - I'm hauling it up the hill via wheel barrel.

However, I can identify with pups not wanting to get their feet wet. When it DOES get wet around here my guys have to be literally pulled out that back door and then act like "EWWWWWW!!!!! Yuuuuck!"  :(

Snow. Well that's another story and the pulling is to get them BACK inside.  ;)

Awww, I'm sorry for your garden, that really sucks!  If I could, believe me I'd spread this weather all over the place.  A little rain here, a little there just enough to keep things nice and green but not flooded.  I'm kinda curious as to what happened to the happy-medium too.  I seem to remember that after a good storm the air would be clean and cool, apparently I don't my memories not what it used to be ;)

Cheyenne doesn't mind when it gets wet, she splashes in the puddles with gusto.  But if it's raining hard, she stuck at my side like glue to squeeze under the umbrella with me.