Author Topic: Remembering Our Maddie Girl  (Read 7824 times)

Offline kaeser

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Remembering Our Maddie Girl
« on: July 22, 2005, 10:22:11 am »
Born: February 21, 1993  Died: July 8, 2005
Mommy and Daddy miss you and will always love you

Offline moonlitcroatia

• BPO Guru
  • Betti Boo March 2008
    • View Profile
    • Greta's Page
Re: Remembering Our Maddie Girl
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 10:23:30 am »
I bet she was a sweetheart!  I can tell by her sweet expression.  Sorry for your loss!
I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love.  For me they are the role model for being alive.  ~Gilda Radner

Offline GrumpyBunny

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 10:27:36 am »
What a beautiful girl - such a sweet and loving face!  I am so sorry for your loss...

(BTW - I am a total loser - it has been over a year since I lost my baby, Cabo, and I still can't look at something like this without tearing up and totally losing it at work. )

*Founder of the Official Suspicious Chicken Fan Club*

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 10:30:08 am »
It's so hard to say goodbye.   :'(

Offline kaeser

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 10:44:54 am »
She was a sweatheart.  Thank you.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 10:51:35 am »
I don't regreat being with Missy while she went away.  I can't imagine leaving her alone for that.  I got her when she was 3 1/2 and we saw eachother through everything.  I wasn't going to stop that day.  Every step of the way I figured...and that's what we did...together :) 

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2005, 10:59:03 am »
I am soooo sorry for your loss Kaeser. She has the sweetest face, I am sure she was a big ol' luvbug and a kiss magnet. It is hard, harder than most people can imagine (fortunately this place is the best, we all love our dogs that very special way) Know that she is at the bridge now, playing with all the other dogs and keeping an eye on you guys.

Lins...... Me too have always been with my dogs who have had to be put to sleep, when Zorro had to go, Malin and Mattias was there too, a lot of people thought I was crazy, but they loved him too, and knew he was going to the bridge, and rather than having them fantasise about how horrible it had been, how scarred he had been, I choose to bring them so we all could sit with him when he peacefully went to sleep, nothing traumatic at all, just taking a nap and not waking up. They after than was with us when we had the grave done and put up stone and all and I think it gave them peace too, to see that it was not scary for him.

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2005, 10:59:57 am »
She look a lot like my dear sweet Rosie. I lost her on July 27, 2005 due to a snake bite.  I can still feel her last breath on my cheek.  I held he and told her it was ok to go to the bridge.  I still have dreams of the last few days of her life, but when I wake up I try to tell myself that he life was about 9 1/2 year of good days not 3 bad days.   I am very sorry for your loss and cryed a few tears when I saw her sweet face.  Then Sugar Bear and Dixie woke up and are having a great play fight which made me smile.  I know Rosie is so very happy that I have them.   

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline kaeser

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2005, 11:00:29 am »
Maddie had a hard time getting around the last few months and had accidents at times (we kept diapers on her....she was my baby and I would do anything for her).  I don't think I could have put her down.  We've had people tell us we should have.  She had taken a fall and didn't eat much after that and went in her sleep.

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2005, 11:05:56 am »
It is weird how you remember so clearly things like their breath and the little bumps on their heads or the scent of their fur...you know what  I mean.  I can't believe how peaceful it was.  I hated it but was glad I could relieve her pain and suffering.  Somehow being there makes them feel better too.  And if they're close to you at that moment it's almost like they know they can just float into you and become part of you forever. 
I want my Missy back so bad. 

Offline kaeser

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2005, 11:09:33 am »
I had told Maddie that it was okay to go, it would be hard for Mommy & Daddy because we would miss her, but we would be together again some day.

Offline mastiffmommy

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2005, 11:49:17 am »
Now I am crying again  :'( :'(

Marit
what the lion is to a cat, the mastiff is to a dog

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2005, 11:53:18 am »
I know....:(  i think we here at BPO should consult our doctors for perscriptions for Prozac.  We've all been a little down this week.   :'(

Offline kaeser

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2005, 12:13:01 pm »
My brother was telling he had to put his 4 dogs (Golden Retrievers) down (3 had cancer and 1 was old age) and it is very difficult and takes time.  He now has a Newfoundland.

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2005, 12:16:33 pm »
We are sooooooo sorry Marit,  the last thing we want to do is make it harder for you. 

Lisa
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)