Author Topic: Giant Mal and SIBO Update  (Read 1578 times)

Offline lsmusicmin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
Giant Mal and SIBO Update
« on: August 25, 2007, 01:17:24 am »
Well we went to the vet today and he wants to put both dogs on a grain-free, single protien diet. He was on board with Pinnacle however, it isn't sold anywhere around me. I mean no one carries it and it would have taken several days to get it.

So we went with plan B. We are now on Timberwolf Organic - Ocean Blue. A completely fish based meat and grain-free. I have never had any of my dogs totally love dog food, but when they took one whif of this very stinky stuff, they seemed to love it.

So we are now treating Zekie with medication for an extended period of time and pray that the symptoms are managed and he can live a comfortable life.

Thanks to all for your very valuable advice and experience.

Laura Mae :D

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Mal and SIBO Update
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 03:16:37 am »
that is a wonderful food, I know several dogs on it and they are doing well. It is hard to get here and they buy 2 bags at a time.

Offline lsmusicmin

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 02:09:40 am »
I am so glad to hear that you know the food. The pups have had three meals with it now and they have eaten every bite. Zekie has never had a food he didn't spit on the floor until now. I can't believe it is hard for you to get. Isn't that funny. Pinnacle is impossible to get here but everyone seems to stock Timberwolf. Since the baby has been on it we have seen a huge improvement in her bowels too. I am very happy with the break down of the food as well. ;D

Thanks again.
Laura Mae

Offline LuvmyMal

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 03:46:16 am »
I know 2 mals on it and one has Addisons, he has improved sooo much, he is gaining weight back and his coat looks wonderful. Glad to hear it is doing well for your babies as well.