Author Topic: *IT* came home with hubby  (Read 4526 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
*IT* came home with hubby
« on: August 25, 2007, 10:28:23 pm »
(according to hubby) he found said *IT* last night along the interstate 20 while on his way home.  contained in this package of about 20 pounds is quite a bit of trouble.  it is red, with beady little eyes that seem to have a distant stare, like it's looking into your stomach for food.  it has an exasperating amount of energy.  it's quite short with a longer body and these stringy little legs.  it's not shy.  it came barging through my door and all over my house the second it got here.  it likes to poop ON beds.  i found that out within ten minutes of meeting it.  it is apparently a boy, because of the humping that seems to happen to everything in my house if you don't keep an eye on *IT.*  it likes to eat random things.  in fact, it will eat anything.  and everything.  it will not leave food alone, even after three bowls.  it will not walk on the grass in the back yard...  but it will on the grass in the front yard.  i can imagine how *it* got away or even why someone may have dumped it, as the second the door opens, he's gone but is like a boomerang and just comes back eventually.  not to mention his non existent manners.  it jumps, and runs over everything, including people and computers.  and tables.  and everything else from 4 foot down.  as said before, it has literally no matters.  husband deemed said *it* "bull" on his drive home.  aiden quickly changed it to "bull sit" (say that fast and you'll know exactly what he calls him) in a desperate attempt to get him to calm down.  i call him "it" or "thing" because i have no idea what "it" is or is supposed to be, except that i can imagine it would be considered a dog or maybe a science experiment.  with all this energy if i could contain it i would be running marathons my whole life until my body just gave out.  i'm hoping to find *it's* home soon, my sanity is running very short, or that *it* at least calms down and will sit still for just long enough for me to recuperate from my experience with him and figure out what to do. 

pictures will be here as soon as i find my camera again.  hopefully before that happens we'll have found *it's* home.  (someone save me!)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 10:34:25 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: *IT* came home with hubby
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2007, 10:41:11 pm »
LMAO, that's hysterical!   ;D  ;D  ;D  It's very nice of you to take care of *It*, especially with a baby due so soon.  Thank goodness "It" isn't 120# from the sounds of It.  Ha, ha!
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2007, 10:44:06 pm »
it would be one of those bulls that they run through the streets if it was any bigger!  if only a baby one, but omg.  i told hubby if he didn't do that "blink blink" thing that looks so innocent i'd have done killed him by now.  i can't imagine how someone could live with him long term!  he'd be good for those agility things with the ball at the end with all the jumps...  what are those called?  if i can't find his family, maybe they have a club that could help...  (or maybe he'd even be too much for them  :-\)
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline GoldenPyrs

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2007, 10:53:50 pm »
Tee hee!  You mentioned running with the bulls?  Just in case, don't dare wear any red!  20#, red, beady eyes....any idea what breed or breeds he is?
Marie

And my pups:
Daisy a 9 y/o Golden/Lab mix
Sammy a 6-7(?) y/o Great Pyrenees adopted 3/07
Cassie a 3 y/o Pyr/Mystery Snuggle Bunny mix adopted 2/07

My angel girls waiting at the Bridge:
Cara 1989-2001 Great Pyrenees
Sally ? - 1993 Dobie(rescued '92)
Halley 2002-2006 Great Pyrenees

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 12:55:49 am »
no, i haven't got the foggiest idea what he is.  he's got me baffled.  he doesn't have any "neuticles" though i know he hasn't been fixed...  so i'd guess about 3-5 months, maybe.  he's got a face like a fox terrier (no height difference between his snout and his eyes it's just a smooth transition between the two).  his ears stand up about 75% of the way, though not all the time.  he has a skinny straight tail that has a white tip.  medium sized paws, though on the smaller side of medium.  my guess would be a fox terrier mix of some sort from his body shape.  he's got the beady little eyes like that breed, also.  i guess that would also explain his energy level, too.  his body is solid red though, except white on his chest and tips of his toes and tail...  there's definately something else in him.  who knows what though.

modified to add that he has very short hair, and the front of his neck is bald, though you can see the white markings...  i'd suppose it's from a collar rubbing the hair off?  it's now raw, or scarred up though.  maybe it  just rubbed from all of his activity.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 12:57:33 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 03:04:29 am »
oh dear lord.   sounds like someone needs  doggie downers.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2007, 03:12:47 am »
I must say I felt like I needed a nap after reading your post. :P And made me very curious to see pictures, I have horrible visions in my head lol. I hope you find it a home soon.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2007, 03:15:20 am »
yes.  definately time for some "downers."  last night we put him in the basement bathroom (it's finished, not a "dark damp jail cell" type) and our neighbors still heard him screaming.  all night.  and so did we.  peanut was kind enough to "alert" us every time he made a peep, if we didn't pay attention to his grunting / grumbling he'd bark...  if we still didn't mind him he trampled us and barked in our ear.  after almost 24 hours of PURE activity, he's finally crashed...  for now.  he's like thing one and thing two from dr suess (sp?) all wrapped into one package.  it's very entertaining to watch.  from the window, at least.  when you're inside it can be quite painful.  aiden has scratches all down his chest now, and reminds us every time *it* starts to look his general direction.  earlier he got hung up on hubby's head.  he was running, hubby was swatting at his hair trying to get him out (mind you hubby has a high and tight military cut) and nobody was getting anywhere.  i loved that.  i told hubby that's why "it" is his responsibility when he's here ;)

p.s.-  i'll try to find my camera tonight, i think i know where it is, it's just getting the energy to do it right now lol (and hoping it has batteries that are charged)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 03:17:06 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2007, 03:17:46 am »
sounds like IT is stressed and just needs to find its own peace of mind.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2007, 03:22:33 am »
he doesn't seem too stressed right now, unless he shows it by being overly excited.  he's quite a happy little thing.  kind of like a dog that got into it's owners crack or something...  oh sorry, anyways.  he seems very happy and excited to be back inside.  he must have been someone's pet not so long ago.  he's not really skinny.  when i looked closer at his neck, it looks like it was shaved at some point all the way around.  (i got him to sit still for a whole 30 seconds).  the hair is short, but not "broken" and is a tad bit off from the color of the rest of his body, but i still don't feel any scar tissue.  not sure what's going on with that.  he's used to baths, too.  he stunk so i gave him a bath in the sink and he tried to go to sleep, and didn't fight me..  until he was done then he was like a rocket again.  i did find, though, that he is pretty protective of his food towards other dogs.
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

lins_saving_grace

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2007, 03:25:57 am »
he doesn't seem too stressed right now, unless he shows it by being overly excited.  he's quite a happy little thing.  kind of like a dog that got into it's owners crack or something...  oh sorry, anyways.  he seems very happy and excited to be back inside.  he must have been someone's pet not so long ago.  he's not really skinny.  when i looked closer at his neck, it looks like it was shaved at some point all the way around.  (i got him to sit still for a whole 30 seconds).  the hair is short, but not "broken" and is a tad bit off from the color of the rest of his body, but i still don't feel any scar tissue.  not sure what's going on with that.  he's used to baths, too.  he stunk so i gave him a bath in the sink and he tried to go to sleep, and didn't fight me..  until he was done then he was like a rocket again.  i did find, though, that he is pretty protective of his food towards other dogs.
well maybe you'll learn to like "IT" soon.  sounds like you're bonding.  :)

Grace was a little rocket once too.  i didn't sleep for 1 1/2 years when i got her. 

Offline chaos270

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2007, 03:26:23 am »
You'll have to post pics so we can guess what "It" is.  Sounds kinda like an italian greyhound to me with all that energy.  The sport is flyball if you want to search for clubs...hmmm maybe leave "It" at a meet and maybe someone will take pity. I feel bad for you cause energy filled pups are a threat to sanity.
Erin and the critters
Kali ~ the newf
Lacey ~ the aussie 
Gabby ~ Holsteiner mare
Fire ~ Appendix Quarter Horse/Belgian gelding
Lilah and Hannah ~ Kali's kitties

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2007, 04:22:40 am »
as obnoxious as his energy level is, that look does it all.  he grows on you, even though he does like to poop outside the bathroom door EVERY time i take a bath...  or when i have a door between us period...  potty training isn't working out so hot, he just hides it  ???  (unless he knows i WON'T see him doing it)  i know it takes more than a day to potty train, but he's uber smart so maybe he'll figure it out quickly.  i'm not very terrier-savvy, but he seems to be extremely intelligent.  he doesn't look italian greyhoundish, his head is pretty well proportioned, and he isn't dainty like most I.G.'s i've seen.  if i haven't found owners in a decent amount of time, maybe i'll contact a flyball group, maybe they know someone who is trying to get into the sport.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 04:23:33 am by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 07:00:49 am »
yes.  definately time for some "downers."  he's like thing one and thing two from dr suess (sp?) all wrapped into one package.  it's very entertaining to watch.  from the window, at least.  when you're inside it can be quite painful. 
p.s.-  i'll try to find my camera tonight, i think i know where it is, it's just getting the energy to do it right now lol (and hoping it has batteries that are charged)

LMAO  Sounds like "It" is putting you through your paces.  Maybe he's a Whippet?  You'll definately have to post some pics so the guessing game can begin. 
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Cheyenne; Belgian Malinois 1/8/07
Calisto(aka Arch Nemisis); 7/4/03

Offline newfie owner

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • molly our furry baby xxx
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 01:38:54 pm »
sounds like there is never a dull moment in your house,you must be exhausted,especially with you being pregnant.pat on the back for your good work,hope it works out for IT,lol.

owners of
molly-6 month old newfie pup aswell as other pets