Author Topic: I hope someone remembers  (Read 2562 times)

Offline MagicM3

• Paw-meister
  • *Sir William
    • View Profile
I hope someone remembers
« on: August 26, 2007, 07:51:01 am »
I am sorry that I can't find this info I know it was on the general board not that long ago when the subject was ticks.

The rain and monoonsoon season here in Az had opened the flood gates to ticks at least in my neighborhood and we are fighting inside outside and on the dogs.

I would prefer not to go back to the old ways of dipping them but nothing seems to work,they seem immune to everthing we have tried.

I do remember someone with an article about giving apple cider vinegar in their water.

Since we fill a 5 gallon bucket a day,for the three dogs and one cat.I am trying to find out the amount to put in that much water.

Anybody have any clues.

Thanks
Tricia and the fur kids

Offline newfie owner

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • molly our furry baby xxx
    • View Profile
Re: I hope someone remembers
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 01:20:43 pm »
just read your question,sorry l can't help,l'm sure someone will be along soon,good luck  :)
owners of
molly-6 month old newfie pup aswell as other pets

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 02:54:06 pm »
ummm...I use ACV in my birds water...but that is just a bowl.  I would think in 5 gallons you would use atleast a cup..maybe 2. Hopefully someone will come along with better info. I never really measure, I just sort of pour it in till it looks/smells right...LOL
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 07:23:36 pm »
I've never heard about putting something in the water, sorry.  We had Cheyenne vaccinated against ticks and it's done wonders.  Before I always found at least one when we left the dog park, but since then nothing.  That may be an avenue to look into, albeit an expensive one.  It also vaccinates against the ticks that carry lime disease.  Hope that helps.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Cheyenne; Belgian Malinois 1/8/07
Calisto(aka Arch Nemisis); 7/4/03

Nicole

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 07:55:51 pm »
I've heard of people putting vinegar in the water to help control fleas, but not ticks. (and by the way, I tried it without much success with the fleas. )

Have you tried using Diatomaceous Earth? Its the crushed up shells up little teeny critters. The shells cut up the exoskeleton of the tick like glass. There are threads around here about it, if you look.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 11:55:23 pm »
I have never heard of a vacine for ticks.\
Is this something new,
Has anyone els heard of this ..

I would do it in a heart beat if it is avaiable in my area.and it works.

Tricia and the fur kids
I think she meant Lyme's vaccine  :)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)