Author Topic: Ranger's Rescue  (Read 23311 times)

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
  • In Loving memory 12/30/05 8:30pm We miss you
    • View Profile
Re: Ranger's Rescue
« Reply #45 on: July 27, 2005, 10:28:31 am »
Here are some more suggestions Othello, Macbeth??

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Dilbert(Pyr mix)At the bridge
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 27, 2005, 11:16:09 am »
Wow... I'm liking all of these suggestions... I really haven't decided on a name yet. I'll try a few on him and see if they fit. MacBeth is really cool!
I am telling you, this guy so far has an amazing personality! I just can't imagine what about him "didn't work out" with his previous owners, unless they just didn't want a dog in the first place. Boy, they don't know what they gave up! A minute ago he met my boyfriend's little terrier and they hit it off right away. I think the growling yesterday was because too much was happening and he felt insecure. He has been awesome today and just wants to follow me around and see what indoor life is all about. When I haven't been with him he just lays down in the kitchen and plays with a toy.

Here is a picture of him from when I first put him in the car yesterday. He was like, "ok, I guess I'm coming with you!"

Offline shangrila

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2005, 11:26:40 am »
He looks so happy! I am glad that everything is working out for you and him.  :)
RIP former BPO

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2005, 11:30:22 am »
I love the look in his eye, it's like hmm not sure whats going on but looks like fun.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 27, 2005, 05:09:09 pm »
OK, I think I have a new name for him and nobody is allowed to laugh!!! I am calling him Sunshine Bear!!! It fits him perfectly! And I know it is cheesy, but I have a motive here. I was hanging out with him today and brushing him, and I suddenly had this clear vision of him being in a family with kids who loved him so much, and he was an important part of their lives. I think this guy wants some kids to play with!! So, I am going to do my best to appeal to some youngsters at the adoption day event. I know everyone wants me to keep him, and he is awesome, but I am not going to have kids just for him!!! Seriously, a good dog like this doesn't come around too often and he is so so gentle, he deserves kid-love. So I'm going to get him a bandanna with sunshines on it, and honestly when I started calling him Sunshine Bear it made me smile and it made him smile too! Well, ok, he was already smiling anyways!  ;)

SUNSHINE BEAR!!

(sorry I know I am loony)

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2005, 05:50:22 pm »
I love the name "Sunshine Bear"  it fits.
Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 28, 2005, 09:18:03 am »
Holy cow this dog is perfectly crate trained! Not a single accident in the house! He is so happy and he and Nigel and best pals and it is fantastic! Just an issue at my house with the neighbor, and so I can't let them run around out in the yard (I share a fenced yard with the lady downstairs) so I moved everybody to my boyfriend's house. No fence, and they are getting more and more hyper! Thinking about taking Nigel and *Sunshine Bear* to the dog park today to get rid of some of this energy!!!
Next week we'll move into our new place where they will have a wonderful huge spacious yard to play in. YAY!

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #52 on: July 28, 2005, 10:03:44 am »
He is gorgeous!...I love him!...Too bad about the lady downstairs!...I can imagine those 3 are getting pretty wound up if they can't go out & run!...Can't wait until you get your new place!...I can tell you are excited about it! ;D

Offline Scootergirl

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
    • Be my friend on myspace!
« Reply #53 on: July 28, 2005, 10:17:52 am »
I LOVE HIM!!  He reminds me of my Oasis - on steroids!! He is beautiful and you are making such a mature decision to find him a home with kids to spoil him. Plus, that frees up your foster space again so you can rescue another one!

By the way, I e-mailed your new landlords and they are sending me 200 free spay/neuter stickers from Earthdog to put in our "doggie bags" for our dog parade in October.

They are awesome!! Boy, did you luck out.

Jeanne
"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principle difference between dog and man." -- Mark Twain

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2005, 11:09:43 am »
Wow he is such a great dog, and he would make a great family dog. And i love the new name it suits he perfectly!.

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Demi

• Ankle Biter
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2005, 11:37:54 am »
WOW!  I finally found this topic and I'm thrilled to see 'Sunshine Bear'!  He's totally beautiful!!!  What a terrific foster mom you are!  You are all awesome for saving these guys from that miserable place.  Never again will I hesitate if I see one in need, I know now that you guys are here and it doesn't matter that I'm in Florida!  I honestly didn't think my initial posting to save them would turn out like this!  WOOOOHOOOO to everyone of you involved!!!!!!  CLAPS HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!
With every moment, you have the opportunity to change things...

Offline Nina

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2005, 11:54:15 am »
Thank you for posting, we never would have been able to save them had you not made that original post  ;D

Nina
Nina and Tim
Calgary, AB, Canada
Harley(Lab mix)
Jolene (cat)

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2005, 07:29:40 pm »
Ahhhhh, yes this is a great dog folks. My boyfriend and I were petting him last night and we just could not come up with any reason why someone would have abandoned this dog like they did. He is a special guy and I am so thankful we were able to save him.
Today I took Nigel and Sunshine Bear to the local dog park, it was a cool breezy day (compared to lately) and no one was there except us. So the dogs just ran around and played and had a good old time. It was beautiful to just watch them run together. Sunshine Bear is a gorgeous dog. I think he is going to be one popular pooch on adoption day!

Wow jjfritsche, that's awesome about the spay/neuter stuff! It is really true, the Earthdog folks are such good people and I feel really lucky we are going to be renting their house! It is such a cool place and perfect for dogs! When we first visited the house, there were dog beds everywhere that they were filling with stuffing, they really do everything out of their home so that they can be with their dogs!

Sorry I can't post any pictures of the fluffball right now, I am on my boyfriend's computer and it is a macintosh and frankly I don't know how to use the dang thing!

Thanks for everyone's support and kind words, I will make sure and tell Sunshine Bear how much everyone loves him!!!

Offline Kermit

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2005, 07:39:34 am »
I just found out that we all get to move into the new house on Monday... And we are all so excited! Here are some pictures of the crew that I will be living with... Sunshine Bear has really made himself a member of the pack!

Offline DixieSugarBear

• Golden Paws
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2005, 07:47:13 am »
Sunshine Bear looks like he is checking out the house in the last photo.  Guess he is trying to find his room (the whole house I bet)  Have fun with the move just make sure now one gets any beer until after they finish moving you in.

Lisa, owned by the following:
Sugar Bear - Great Pyrenees 4.5 yr.
Dixie Darlin - Great Pyrenees 4 yr.
Penny Lane - Great Pyrenees 2.5 yr.
Beauman - Great Pyrenees 14 months
Izzy - Great Pyrenees 14 month
Rosie - Great Pyrenees (at the bridge)