Author Topic: Annie is going backwards...what do I do?  (Read 5012 times)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Annie is going backwards...what do I do?
« on: August 26, 2007, 09:50:35 pm »
Ah I'm so frustrated and dicouraged and don't know what to do anymore. Annie was always hard to house break (took forever)anyway during the day the dogs are in the garage (heated with a couch) and Annie decided to start doing her business in there. I figured it was because the floor is partially gravel and cement. So I recently had the carpet ripped up and had tiles put down in the dog den so I could keep it cleaner. Well now she's doing her business in there too! I tried to kennel her and she went nuts and got her mouth stuck inbetween the bars. Upset everyone cause her cries where horrible. Never want to hear that again. Sorry for rambling but I don't know what to do. She is 5 now and the Tripper is almost house broken. I say almost because the minute he goes down there he also does his business so I don't allow him in the den because I don't want him picking up her bad habit. Merri is very clean on the other hand. I don't know what to do help someone, everyone. How do I fix this?

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: Annie is going backwards...what do I do?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:05:41 pm »
She's doing both. Nothing has changed at home, we still have the same routine. I just can't figure it out. Also she doesn't want ot be outside anymore either. Very strange.

Offline angel101798

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 10:34:54 pm »
Hmmm, the only thing I can think of with such a drastic change in behavior is that she might either have an infection or something traumatic happened to her outside.  Is she still eating and drinking well?  Have her stools changed?  Is she going more frequently?  Sorry for all the questions, it just seems odd that her behavior would change so dramatically so quickly.  I'm not a Pyr owner, so I have no idea if this is typical of the breed.  I'd suggest calling your vet just to make sure.  I'm not trying to scare you, you are way more experienced than I am.  I've got a puppy still so I have a tendancy to call my vet if I think her behavior has changed too much.  They're great at telling me to either chill or bring her in.  Better safe than sorry. :-\
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion" - Unknown

Cheyenne; Belgian Malinois 1/8/07
Calisto(aka Arch Nemisis); 7/4/03

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 11:00:45 pm »
I guess I'll call or get her to the vet to see what she has to say. I feel as if I have to start housebreaking all over again with her. it's been a constant battle with her right from the beginning to get her to do her pee and poo outside.

Lyn

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2007, 11:18:50 pm »
Hmmm, Any neighbours close by that may have scared her when she was outside?

The only reason I ask is that I just went through a similar situation with Lola refusing to step foot in the yard. The first time was my neighbour scaring the crap out of her and the second time was when she was stung by the bee. She was terrified to go outside and was instead trying to pee in my son's bedroom. :(

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 04:04:58 pm »
No there's no one around to scare her, but I'm beginning to think she is pissed off at me or something because when she came in last night after her last outing she came in and went poop. Again this morning. I don't know what is going on.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 04:12:35 pm »
Have you tried putting outing on a cue? I use "pee-pee" A LOT. I say "you want to go pee-pee?"...then when we are out " I repeat "pee-pee"...when she goes I repeat it one more time and give her LOTS of food for that.

And the most important NOT to punish her for a mistake that happened before you saw it!!!
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 04:26:15 pm »
I never punish her or say anything except grumble under my breath as I'm cleaning it up.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 04:46:43 pm »
Dow she watch you while you are cleaning?
I have read somewhere that dogs SHOULD NOT watch you cleaning their mess. Maybe that's the part she really enjoy, LOL  :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 06:00:01 pm »
since she doesnt do good in the crate, you could put her in a bathroom? it's small enough she wont want to mess, cuz then she'll have to be right by it. also do you feed your pupps at certain times every day, or is the food always out. and when does she usualy go poo? make sure you're drenching every mess no matter what it is, with a cleaner that uses enzymes. and also spray venigar on the area that was messed on after you clean it.
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown