Author Topic: Sadie Akita  (Read 10266 times)

Offline Mad Liz

• Gnawer
  • Sadie the Akita
    • View Profile
Sadie Akita
« on: July 22, 2005, 11:15:33 am »
Don't know why but the "Paw Print" bit won't allow me to upload more than one piccie of my beautiful bear dog.

So here are some more.
Stercus accidit!

lins_saving_grace

Re: Sadie Akita
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 11:18:31 am »
I bet it's cuz your pics are big.  Do you have any smaller resolution pictures?

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 01:03:37 pm »
What a beautiful girl you have! Those are four-bark photos. :-)
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

Offline jabear

• Wizard of Wiggling & Waggling
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 10:04:21 pm »
Great looking girl! How old is she?
Hugs,
Jaime
  Mom to one handsome black Bear.

GYPSY JAZMINE

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 10:37:19 pm »
She is a doll!...My friend has an Akita/yellow Lab mix...I ADORE him!!!!...He's a bit testy but he likes me quite alot so I'm o.k. with that!...lol!

Offline Mad Liz

• Gnawer
  • Sadie the Akita
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2005, 03:21:19 am »
Sadie is three and a half.  She is a rescued Akita who came to live with my daughter and I in April 2004 and it took her about six months to settle in, but she's fine now.

She is a Pets as Therapy dog because she is incredibly people tolerant, but she still has the Akita unpredictabili ty where other dogs are concerned (unless they are puppies, when I can predict with great accuracy that she will turn into the slushiest, most gentle dog on the planet).

Stercus accidit!

Offline Joji

• Full Fledged Chewer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2005, 02:51:31 pm »
Did you have to train Sadie for the therapy work?  I've decided to start working with my Joji to see if we can get her a canine good citizen certificate. If I (because it's really on me; Joji has the potential - but do I??!) succeed, I'm thinking therapy work might be in our future. I think Joji is exceptional, even for an Akita. She loves other dogs and she absolutely adores people.  But, I'm curious how much work would be ahead after the CGC feat.

-  Teresa
PS In case I haven't mentioned it - Sadie is a stunning animal!
If you think dogs can't count, try putting three dog biscuits in your pocket and then giving Fido only two of them. -Phil Pastoret

Offline poofynewfy

• Veteran Dog Chomper
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2005, 04:47:35 pm »
Beautiful Akita!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2006, 12:33:49 pm »
gorgeous!  she looks a lot like my akita, axle!  very sweet pictures!  (my pic of axle is when he was 1, now 3)
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Kirsti

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2006, 12:38:41 pm »
Oh what a stunning Akita! They are soo pretty!   ;D

~K

Offline ReneeB

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • Kryssie is here
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2006, 12:41:23 pm »
what a cutie!
Renee, (will always love and miss Brayden)

Offline aniakita

• Gnawer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2007, 02:03:48 am »
I love the photo of her with the ice cream cone! She's adorable!

My akita is also a rescue and loves almost all people, especially children. She'll lay in front of the house like a statue and people will comment out of their cars how beautiful she is (she loves flattery!!!) She doesn't like it when people are being too loud (or smell a little funny), and she'll tell them so with a few barks. She gets a little rude with other dogs, but has never hurt one. (P.S. She loves Shepherds and other Akitas.)

We discovered when we were fostering orphaned newborn kittens that she also loves kittens, the younger the better. She'll lick them clean (as long as they're still on formula.)  She lives with several housecats, who love her bunches, and rub up against her often.