Author Topic: The growth of a Pyrenees puppy  (Read 20840 times)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
Re: The growth of a Pyrenees puppy
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 06:16:32 pm »
Lisa's 3 pyrs blow their coats 2x a year.

My two blow theirs 2x a year You know it when they do it too. House looks like a Flowbee came thru and chopped their hair off. You rub them or pet them and wind up with a handful of hair. I do a LOT of brushing during those times and a lot of sweeping/vacuuming :)

Are they fixed? If so why is it ANnie seems to be blowing all the time? I've always got them up on the table grooming them.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2007, 06:39:47 pm »
I don't like all the blowing coat talk lol. Mine have blown theirs each once, course they are just pups. I don't even remember when it was now. Thank god I've got a good vacuum.

I really don't think Naja would overstuff herself. I've never seen mine eat more than they needed. They won't turn down a treat, but they definitely seem to have portion control over their meals. I'm sure she is just needing to eat that much right now, she's still very young. Mine were going through A LOT of food still at that age. Half the time now I forget to feed them because it seems they could really take it or leave it. I assume they have plateaued a bit in their growth, I don't know. I thought surely Yukon would hit 100 by a year old..I thought that was kinda normal for a male but he's got a very long ways to go if that's the case.

Tripper seems right on track. Yukon was only about 70 or so before he hurt himself and stopped eating, at 8 mos. Yiska is the same, only on a much smaller frame, but neither of them are overweight, however that works.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2007, 06:45:18 pm »
Here's a pic of Yukon with his jack-o-lantern teeth too lol. He was 5 mos old here.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2007, 06:54:25 pm »
and 2 mos later..

big difference huh?

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2007, 06:56:51 pm »
I'd say! Man they grow fast. Makes me sad to see Tripper loose his puppy fuzz and baby teeth. It's something you never get again with the same dog.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2007, 07:20:33 pm »
They are so cute I just want to eat them up!!!
Sorry, I'm at work, and whenever I see a picture I have to get everyone around to come look (of course I'm the only one in a fuss about it but whatever, they're too cute).
When did your guys get their tails, cause Naja's is still kinda wirey and not fluffy... ???
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2007, 07:24:19 pm »
At 6-7 months their tales get really fluffy  ;)
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2007, 07:25:57 pm »
yea i never even noticed about the tails lol..i'm so observant i know. one day they were fluffy i guess lol...ill have to look back at pics and dates, that's how i remember really haha.

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2007, 07:33:08 pm »
Yeah 6-7 months seems right. Here is Yiska's tail at 4 mos and then 6 mos.. lol, you love all my comparison pics dont you?  :P

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2007, 07:40:14 pm »
lol, i love pyrs... but this whole coat blowing is EXACTLY why i didnt get one lol.  ;D the hhhhhhhhhhaaaa aaaaaiiiiiirrr rr! i would just go nuts!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 08:07:18 pm »
lol, i love pyrs... but this whole coat blowing is EXACTLY why i didnt get one lol.  ;D the hhhhhhhhhhaaaa aaaaaiiiiiirrr rr! i would just go nuts!

lol i know. one of the requirements on my list for a dog when we were searching breeds was SHORT HAIR, EASY grooming that wasn't time consuming..and looked what i ended up with. :P not even one, but TWO! if they weren't the sweetest (and best) dogs i've ever had, i'd go completely batty with the hair. i'm a clean freak and have a tiny house- that's A LOT of hair in a small space. :o but after researching and learning about them, i just had to have one, or i guess two lol.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 08:17:15 pm »
Here is Lily at 7 months with her tail. She did have enourmous amount of hair though
Mary W. Crane

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2007, 08:43:59 pm »
Wow, that's a well groomed dog. My dogs have never gotten that fluffy lol. You need to come groom mine too. ;D I'd love to see them professionally done- maybe some day.

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2007, 08:48:52 pm »
Wow, that's a well groomed dog. My dogs have never gotten that fluffy lol. You need to come groom mine too. ;D I'd love to see them professionally done- maybe some day.
I have heard that regular grooming improves blood circulation and makes hair grow much faster  ;)

For as many fluffy doggies I had in my life I should have open a grooming place myself  ;D
Mary W. Crane

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2007, 09:24:15 pm »
Oh Lily is just beautiful! Beautiful coat too!