Author Topic: UTI? This is driving me crazy!  (Read 8917 times)

mama23+pyrs2

Re: UTI? This is driving me crazy!
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2007, 03:26:31 am »
OH MY, that's all I can say lol. I am surely not cut out for taking care of horses or being a vet lol. That REALLY stinks that you said that ..just because now I know it could be something I didn't even know could happen! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhh. Yuck, yuck, yuck. I really don't think I can bring myself to feel it, lol. I don't have gloves either so that gets me off the hook right? I know it's kinda bright red but I don't know the normal color LOL. Oh, please let him be normal.

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 02:41:03 pm »
hey....you know as well as i do that you can get those gloves at the dollar store! its not as bad as it sounds really...once you have touched one, you have touched them all right? haha. well theres a lot of things that can happen there.... i dont mean to get you all upset either, im just happy you noticed his...ding-a-ling.. is ding-ing more than ling-ing. it could just be dirt, or there are these things, i forget their name, can can become infamed and stop it from retracting all the way. just give your vet a little ring and see what they say... they might get one of those "hot vet techs" to clean it for him... oh the smile he will have on his face! as long as she doesnt stick her finger in it! haha
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2007, 04:08:36 pm »
Poor Yukon!!! And you for going through this  :-*
I would recommend a full blood test before taking him to the orthopedic...D idn't you have an x-ray done and it had nothing?

Please get better, Yukon!!! :-* :-* :-*
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2007, 08:31:11 pm »
she needed to have someone hold her head while she sewed up her eye, i readily volunteered! i think thats why i want to be a vet, or atleast a vet tech. im just trying to find the right school!

I think you would make a great vet!  When you do go through with it maybe you'll consider moving to Canada so I can take Naja to see you instead of this mindless country vet we go to (am making next appt somewhere else).

And hey, you know I think maybe the glove thing, although really, really, really gross, would be worth trying.  You could save yourself alot of money at the vet, and then you'd have a better idea of what you want him/her to do/look for.  You can get through this!  I have faith!
 :-* :-*  Hugs for Yukon and for you.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2007, 11:06:53 pm »
increased drinking and urination can be a side effect of deramaxx, but because this is still going on and you stopped the meds, what, like a week ago now... that leads me to suspect its not a side effect anymore.
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

mama23+pyrs2

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 04:34:27 am »
Ugh, thanks guys. Don't worry about worrying me,..I'm used to it. Just more info to go on, which is a good thing! I hope my sweet boy is okay geez, I surely didn't think I'd hurt him by giving the meds the vet gave me- sigh. Today he did better, better than yesterday at least. Since taking him off, he seems to have better days than others..some days he only goes out a few times..other days he needs to go out more? I won't limit his water anymore. He had it through the night last night and didn't drink it all and didn't need to go out so that was okay. He's had some in his bowl all day today too, hasn't run out. Yiska has been drinking more than him in the last couple of days.

Yeah, I'm just totally confused. It doesn't seem like his shoulder should be this bad STILL. I let him outside to potty and get a little out time, but the rest of the time he is crate rested..I can't see how he couldn't possibly be getting better. They just acted like they was nothing they could really do. I've had like 3 people at that office tell me the Deramaxx doesn't cause the peeing and the drinking, but I read online it could- and not be a good side effect.

I mean that's all they told me they would do to check him for the problem, is his urine..they had no further ideas. It's like all a time issue..give it time, give it time..ugh. He was at the vet on 8/20 and he had 3 doses for 3 days..so he's been officially off of it since 8/24. So 8 days now.

Thanks for all the info guys.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 04:35:05 am by mama2many »