Author Topic: NDR - roast??  (Read 1861 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
NDR - roast??
« on: August 30, 2007, 09:30:44 pm »
i know this isn't dog related ha ha, but i found a pre-packaged "roast kit" that has everything you need in it except the pan and aluminum foil.  i'm curious if anyone else has seen or better yet used one?  it makes a 2 lb roast (mine is pork) with carrots, onions, red potatoes, and celery in it.  everything is pre cut up all you do is mix the seasoning in with water and put all of it in a pan together.  i think it was $9.  anywho, curiosity is killing me if it's going to be good (it's in the oven now and smells uber good).
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: NDR - roast??
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 11:45:35 pm »
it came out SUPER good, though i must admit next time i won't add the whole thing of seasoning!  it was enough to feed me, the two boys, hubby, and both dogs lol  (2lb roast, with about 1-1 1/2 lb of veggies with it)
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 11:50:02 pm »
oo sounds yummy. my pup got spoiled by her grandma... my mom made steak the othernight for her and my uncle and father because my uncle came to visit for dinner. well there was a lot left over so my boyfriend had some...and there was still a WHOLE steak left...guess who she gave it to....ohhhh yeahhhhh CHLOE! so its chopped up in little pieces and she gets a little at a time tossed in with her food... spoiled....ugh . i dont even eat as good as she does!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 12:03:05 am »
lmao if we eat meat that isn't too harshly seasoned (this was seasoned on the outside but moist and yummy insides) we give it to the dogs as a treat.  peanut's eyes are crossed right now b/c he also loves the carrots and potatoes lol
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 03:24:28 pm »
lol awww. yeah my pup looooooves good cooking. since shes so picky about eating her food, she gets a lot of scraps mixed in because we desperately need weight on her. if it wasnt for that, she would very rarely get any... we both agreed before we got her we didnt want her getting it because we didnt want her begging for food, but we kind of have no choice right now. but she has put on a lot of weight lately.... i guess its from that Grade A USDA Serloin Steak lol ::)
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 01:08:10 am »
i dont have a clue but now im realy hungry :P
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog