Author Topic: For those of you with daughters, nieces, etc...  (Read 2754 times)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
For those of you with daughters, nieces, etc...
« on: August 31, 2007, 05:44:17 pm »
I've heard that the Gardasil Vaccine is becoming mandatory in more and more places. I don't mind people choosing to get it, but I have a big issue with certain vaccines being mandatory, in our kids or our pets.

However, as happy cheery as those commercials might seem, they aren't telling the whole picture.

http://judicialwatch.org/6299.shtml
http://www.renewamerica.us/columns/janak/070722

Like I said, I have no issue if people decide they want it for them or their daughters, I just don't like it being forced on everyone.
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
Re: For those of you with daughters, nieces, etc...
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 05:56:29 pm »
Huh.  That's kinda scarey.  I asked my doc for a perscription for this.  She wrote it out no questions asked.  I haven't filled it yet b/c it's still very expensive here in Canada.  Think I'll be ripping up that perscription and going back to my doc for a more in depth discussion on the drug and it's side-affects.
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 06:04:33 pm »
Thank you so much for posting that. I already have a lot of health problems, including an autoimmune disease. After reading that, I know that I'll have a talk with my doctors, if ever I have the urge to vaccinate myself with such a drug (which isn't likely). Thank you again for posting that, I'm astonished they want to make it mandatory.
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline Ice Blue

• Big Paw Certified
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 07:05:31 pm »
I know that with my school, not being vaccinated was the preferred, let alone being forced to have a vaccine. My Mom thinks that I was vaccinated with too many vaccines to quickly, and thats why my immune system when into overdrive, and now I have Arthritis, and a myriad of other pain disorders. So I would advise Mothers to be careful, and take their time, hopefully my experience will help someone avoid health problems in the future. (Not that it was proven, but we're pretty sure)
Caitlin

Remy - German Shepherd (7 mths)
Copper - Shetland Sheepdog (14 yrs)
Birch - Lizard (Mali Uromastyx)

Offline Moni

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 07:12:31 pm »
Oh, Tina, don't get me started on the varicella/chicken pox one.  I was lucky that both my kids got chicken pox the summer before Tori started Kindergarten.  I agree that its going to come back and be a problem.  Chicken pox is MUCH less dangerous to get as a younger child than as a teen/adult!

Luckily my pediatrician at the time was against the vaccine, she told me that it was being forced because large cooperations didn't like their employer/parents having to take off time for their sick kids.  This was from my DOCTOR after I was already very leery about it.

Off my soapbox for now...
BPO does not have my permission to use my photos.

angelsmama

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 09:19:19 pm »
I just don't agree with any vaccine. Some of them don't even make any sense. Mostly the HEP B for babies. Now come on people, only 2 ways you can get that. My baby is 4 months old, she won't be out doing either one.  The chicken pox  vaccine - it doesn't completely protect you against it so you could still get it anyways - whby not get it over with and go ahead and get the chicken pox? The other vaccines are just too dangerous with too many risks of serious side affects. Like Jason's (my baby's father) he had the MMR shot then started seizures and apnea a few days later, then eventually brain surgery to remove a tumor from so many surgeries. My neighbor's nephew had his 6 month shots, that died the poor baby died of SIDS. My younger brother had his MMR at a yr, he started light seizures, now he has severe autism. Ugh, ok, I'll get off my box about the shots now....

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 10:05:54 pm »
they had this discussion not long ago about it here in georgia (on the news) they said it was going to be mandatory for ALL females under 18 i think to get it.  BUT, the catch was it was going to be like $150 to get that, which caused a big problem with everyone because of the big income variations, not to mention the "you must do this" part that already had everyone in an uproar.  personally, no, i won't get it and i don't want my baby to get it, either.  i think society has too much control over things such as this to start with, and aren't regarding all the warnings about it enough.  personally, i don't get vaccinated unless there's a reason, my kids, unfortunately are stuck with it just b/c of school  :-\  aiden had a bad reaction to his shots and it caused him to be in such pain he screamed for days on end, got a fever, swelled up all over his body, etc.  that's something i wouldn't wish upon anyone to see that, know you did it to them and have to watch your little baby suffer because of it.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 10:06:59 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Icerotti

!
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2007, 11:00:00 pm »
I had my doubts about this vaccine when I first heard about it. My daughter will never get! That is horrible that so many people have suffered from it already. Its all about the pharmacutical companies making money ::)

Offline aggghgmom

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2007, 11:39:48 pm »
Moni, I know what you mean.  My family physician refused to even stock it. I actually tried naturally exposing my kids to chicken pox to avoid the vaccine.  But, no luck.  My kids were not going to be allowed in school if I didn't vaccinate them.

That is what happened to us also; I tried exposing her a few times; nothing and of course because of the vaccine there isn't to many cases to expose her to.  I kept putting it off (the doctor was fine with waiting) but finally the school called and said don't bring her back until she has had the vaccine - so we got it