Author Topic: Chloe has a funny rash on her belly... Pics Now  (Read 14582 times)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Chloe has a funny rash on her belly... Pics Now
« on: September 01, 2007, 12:11:40 am »
Alright, well im in the middle of making dinner so i have to post this quick. Chloe has had a funny rash on her belly for a few days now (about 3). i thought it was just a heat rash at first because it was really hot out and she was running a fever of 106 the night before, and it was only down to about 104 when i noticed it. but it hasent gone away yet, it doesnt seem to bother her, its not itchy or anything and shes not licking it...i just wondered what it was. maybe a fever rash ??? i dunno... shes gotten something like this before but it went away fast... i have pics to post, but like i said im making dinner right now and i dont have time. some suggestions in the meantime would help though! i will get them on by dusk!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2007, 01:48:53 am by RMSChloe »
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Chloe has a funny rash on her belly...
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 01:27:05 am »
no, she was inside most of the time when she got it... and the only time she was outside was to go potty, so she wasnt out long. i have the pics now, i just have to get them onto photobucket so i can get them on here

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Chloe has a funny rash on her belly... pics now
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 01:47:05 am »
here are the pics... its only on her belly, no where else...sorry theyre kind of bad, but its the best i could do

Offline People Whisperer

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
Re: Chloe has a funny rash on her belly... Pics Now
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 01:59:57 am »
Poor Chloe  :'( :'( :'(
I have no idea what it could be but it's doesn't look good  :-\
"To once own a Great Pyrenees is to love and want one always."
Mary W. Crane

I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it :)

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2007, 02:07:15 am »
i have nooooooo idea. it doesnt bother her any, shes not scratching, licking, or biting. its just there.... i dunno. like i said, i thought it was either a fever or heat rash, but it hasent gone away in like 3 days ???

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 03:57:08 am »
I can't tell real well from the pics...do they look like little pimples? Morgayne gets those. I see them frequently at the pound when shaving dogs for surgery too. The vet said they are a staph infection...
http://www.healthypet.com/faq_view.aspx?ID=191&sid=1

From what I have read puppies are more prone to getting them because of weaker immune systems.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2007, 04:05:36 am »
see, i dunno though... it doesnt itch her at all.. theyre more like little bug bites. but not itchy... i dunno. like i said, they dont bother her. if it doesnt go away in a day or two, im going to call the vet. ill see if i can re-schedual her heartworm testing so that i can have this rash checked out without having to make two trips to the vet (and pay twice as much) ::) but i love my vet, so i never really mind having to go... till the part where i have to give them money.. heh

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 12:46:52 am »
Im going to call the vet tomorrow and reschedual her appointment for her heartworm testing. the rash has turned into pimple-like bumps now. Actually, i shouold say pimples.... theyre pop-able (i only dd one or two to see if they do pop, and what was in them) they look just like pimples, some of the skin is dry and flaky, and they have the typical "pimple juice" in them. so im going to have her go in, hopefully they can get her in soon. they usually are pretty good at getting pups like her in as soon as possible. wish us luck! :-\

Offline London_Pyr_Lover

• BPO Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 01:07:57 am »
Good luck at the vet!  Hopefully it's just something that a simple acne cream or something similar can clear up.   ;)
My Sponsership page for my very first race!

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 01:26:56 am »
ech, me too, her belly is like a teenage boy hitting puberty's face!