Mastiffs > Rare Breed Mastiff Discussions

Rare Breed types & who owns them

(1/8) > >>

DevilDog43:
Even though I own A Fila Brasileiro Mastiff now, I do like the "Dogue de Bordeux" (French Mastiff) & The "Dogo Argentino" Mastiff. "Cane Corso Mastiffs" are also a great looking dog.
Just love those big old heads!
Does anyone own a "Presa Canario?"
They are very uncommon & extremely
aggressive when full grown. I have not seen many, but the ones I have seen at shows are really quite impressive looking.Howeve r they got allot of bad press a couple of years ago with that fatal attack in San Francisco with the two lawyers that owned them & they killed their neighbor. The owners of the dogs were sent to jail.
It made all the national news at the time. After that incident, not may Presa Canario breeders were very visable for awhile.
Shame, because they are beauties.
Donna

Filas-R-Gr8:

Hi all,
I have four Filas Brasileiro, 1 is 9 yrs 2 are nearly 3 years and 1 is 2 years. As if you can't tell I love this breed. Though I would love to learn about some of the other breeds also. The Spanish Mastiffs, I have seen in pictures are beautiful.

britt_cllns:
The Spanish mastiff is called the Pyrenean Mastiff and has the temperment of a Newfie.  They are adorable and are supposed to be the BEST family dogs.  They are not guard dogs.

Malcolms mom:
I read that they were pretty dog aggressive, is this true?

DevilDog43:
The Fila Brasilerio is aggressive towards strangers & other dogs not known to them in their family. Definately not a dog for the "socially active " dog owner. Some of them though, do have "softer temperaments."
I am not aware of the Spanish Mastiff temperamnet though. Perhaps someone else here can help on that one.
Donna

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version