Author Topic: Food Problem... advice please...  (Read 1640 times)

Bordeaux

Food Problem... advice please...
« on: September 03, 2007, 12:23:05 am »
Well... Hello again
my DDB is 2 months already, and Gosh... he's getting big so fast!

The problem is that lately he get bored from his food. I give him puppies "Proplan", and I bought the 17kg package... he dosnt wasnt to eat lately, maybe the food has spoiled...?
because of my little experience I started to mix some home food for the "Aroma" of his regular food. in those cases he eats it all... but now he dosnt want to eat at all if its natural proplan... without any home food...

Please help... how can I deal with this situation...?
how can I reaccustom him to eat dog's food again...?

Thanks

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
Re: Food Problem... advice please...
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 12:33:50 am »
check out a petstore near you. a couple different petfood companies make a "gravy" for on top of your pets food. they come in containers that look like salad dressing containers, and have different flavors. My pup is a very picky eater, we have mixed wet food of the same brand of her kibble and she will eat that, then she got bored with that... so we put chicken bullion and beef bullion...work ed for a while, then she got bored... so then we used the gravies and we rotate flavors. we use all these techniques to keep her eating. shes very particular, but you cant blame them, i wouldnt want to eat the same thing every day either. when she was losing teeth (at about 3-4 months old) we soaked her food to make it soft, or she wouldnt eat it at all. hope some of this will work for you!
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Nicole

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 02:31:43 am »
Also, if its super hot where you are (like it is here!) they won't be as interested in eating. My doggies always lay off the food when its hot.

But, I must say, ever since I've had my picky old girl on Evo, she always finishes her meals.

Offline KJUNMAMI

• Full Fledged Chewer
  • My Justice baby
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 02:50:13 am »
Well... Hello again
my DDB is 2 months already, and Gosh... he's getting big so fast!

The problem is that lately he get bored from his food. I give him puppies "Proplan", and I bought the 17kg package... he dosnt wasnt to eat lately, maybe the food has spoiled...?
because of my little experience I started to mix some home food for the "Aroma" of his regular food. in those cases he eats it all... but now he dosnt want to eat at all if its natural proplan... without any home food...

Please help... how can I deal with this situation...?
how can I reaccustom him to eat dog's food again...?

Thanks

I agree to that you should feed a higher quality. I feed innova but my Pitbull is also picky and she wont finish her dry food so i put some innova wet on top and then she eats it. this is expesive tho about 100.00 or so a month so you could try some other toppers like chicken or another food that is good for dogs  to save some money.hope this helps. :)
Mommy to
one baby girl 1 yr and one boy 3 yrs
pitbull Justice-70 lbs. @ 10 mos.
2 kitties Thelma and Louise 1 year.