Author Topic: Great Pyrenesse Info Please  (Read 15556 times)

Offline pyr4me

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
Re: Great Pyrenesse Info Please
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 08:00:40 pm »
I just adopted an adult Pyr from a rescue group last Sunday. They guessed her age to be betweeen 2-3 years. I couldn't be happier with her! I knew that I didn't want a puppy, and getting an adult rescue dog was the best choice for me. She is also my first Pyr and I am completely amazed at this breed. She is the most gentle dog I have ever known. I have 4 year old twins and she is so patient and sweet with them. I also have 2 cats and she has shown no interest in them whatsoever. She is very mellow and easy to have in the house. When I was checking out the breed, I kept reading about Pyrs being very independent and somewhat aloof, but I haven't really seen that in my Pyr so far. She follows me around the house and wants nothing more than a rub and hug.

Of course, as others have said there is hair all over my house, but with another dog and 2 cats, I am used to hair. She doesn't drool, which is a plus in my book. She enjoys our daily walks, but doesn't demand exercise the way my other dog does. I have fallen in love, as you can probably tell, and think Pyrs are an amazing breed of dog.

Good luck in your search for the right breed/dog for you!!
Jennifer

Tipper (8 1/2 yrs) Golden Retriever/Sheltie mix
Jenny (4 yrs) Great Pyrenees
Gabriel (14 yrs) Sealpoint Himalayan cat
Melanie (11 yrs) Domestic medium hair cat

"You think dogs will not be in heaven? I tell you, they will be there long before any of us."
~Robert Lewis Steven