Author Topic: She's back.....  (Read 5883 times)

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
She's back.....
« on: September 05, 2007, 02:05:37 pm »
Well at about 6:30 this morning my neighbor brought Gracie back...She is to much pup fpr them. They had her tied out to potty, and she tore the screen, her husband was pissed. He told her to bring her back NOW!!!! So She is here, everyone was all sweet and nice yesterday acting like they were sad she was gone...well she is back and I think I am just going to keep her. I had bad dreams all night that she would get loose and get hit or something. I woke up at 4:30 and could not sleep. I love this girl, she is so cute and so aweet. She and Morgayne are running laps in my house right now (eeek).
-Jodi
Mom to:
Thorn- 8 year old fawn male dane
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup
Gracie- Merelequin (deaf) dane pup

1996-2007
Tisha...my best friend, I miss you girl.

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
Re: She's back.....
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 02:20:21 pm »
Here are a few shots of her and morgayne this morning:

-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 02:24:15 pm »
Well, they didn't give her much of a chance did they.

her husband as an a$$...he said she was too big, they have always had medium sized dogs, usually English setters. I think he expected her to act like a grown dog, instead of a pup.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline RMSChloe

• Big Paws-a-holic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2007, 03:23:46 pm »
Awww. sorry, but not so sorry... im glad you got her back i think she belongs with you. omg she looks soooo tiny in those pics lol. shes so beautiful! i hope no one gives you any greif! ugh, my pup is on the bed with me and she keeps sitting up, and then just falling over on the bed lol. thats her way of *divebombing* me, to let me know its time to get up lol.
Shes not a dog... shes a Great Dane!

Offline Ali

• BPO Fanatic
  • My girls!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 03:33:44 pm »
Well, you know - everything happens for a reason. Your hubby and nosey mom can't really argue with this turn of events. It's not like you weren't willing to give her up. Gracie Gwen was meant to be there with your family, and they will just have to get over it.  ;D
Ali
mom of 4 humans AND
Tani (TAH-nee or rhymes with "Bonnie")- Aussie/Pittie?Boxer?Mutt!
Kai - Aussie/Dobie
Kenji - big ol' black cat
Mika and Nishi - kitty sisters, foster failures!
Tasia Ladysnake - ball python

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 05:22:37 pm »
She has a lot of energy!!! I took them out this morning and the 2 pups played, I got yanked everywhere because I was keeping Gracie on a retractable leash. Then a little bit ago I took them in the woods. I let her off leash and she was happy to stay by me or the other dogs.  She is napping now. Thorn is already being nicer to her, not growling when she is near him. LOL Poor old man, he isn't use to these wipper snappers.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2007, 09:07:57 pm »
LMAO that is what I was thinking...Tis ha tore through probably 2 screen a year...plus holes in new carpet...I guess one other thing Gracie did though was eat the guys food off the table. LOL!!!! He sat it down and walked away. LMAO!! He deserved that. My dogs are notorious for counter surfing if you leave food unattended...I guess when you love them you just get use to it.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2007, 03:06:20 am »
I hope that your family is now going to be ok with this- you certainly do not need that stress. Having a Dane pup in the house is so much fun. I didnt realize how large Morgayne is - and she is sooo pretty. What a great group of dogs you have in your home. Some things are just meant to be, and well if your mom was serious about moving then she wont really have much to say anyway. My fingers are crossed- has the husband made any comment yet?

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2007, 04:24:28 am »
He called her Hitler tonight!!! LMFAO  he said she is the supreme race...with her white fur and blue eyes...and her Hitler "mustache" Bahahahahahaha ...he cracks me up. He said "when is she leaving"?...I said umm....huh? My insane mom on the other hand said she was cute today (after saying she was the ugliest dog ever yesterday) and she was asking if she had a name ( I hadn't told her her name yet).... I am not being cruel..I am really worried she is loosing her mind. Anyway, Gracie is safe, and not going anywhere if I can help it. I am meeting Beaus new owner tomorrow...and I have a small bird I am rehoming this weekend. So we will be down to 4 dogs (if you can count the rat dog) 3 cats, 3 big parrots, 3 small parrots, and fish. It could be worse.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

bigdogs@5501

« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2007, 04:36:33 am »
Jodi, you have to understand- the husbands- they have to grumble and rumble and beat their chests, its like they lose thier man card if they dont... thats why I was thinking that given a bit of time he would be ok with her being there. I hope that it works out with Beau's new family, is this the ones with the kids and the acreage?

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2007, 05:20:28 am »
Actually the first person I was going to check out for Beau never even bothered to call me back...we had a time set up and she just ducked out. I was starting to have bad vibes about her anyway, her husband wanted a shepherd...it just didn't sound like they had "decided" what the heck they wanted. The girl I am meeting tomorrow has kids but they are a little older, I think the youngest is 8 then something like 11 and 13 (I can't remember exactly) Anyway they have a female Boxer (spayed) and she has been trying to get in touch with me for a few weeks. Her first e-mail weeks ago I must not have gotten. She is super nice, and they have wanted a Saint Bernard for some time. I am supposed to drive to see them tomorrow night. Hopefully it will be a match, they really sound great. I sent her lots of pics. so she could show the kids.
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline Duramax

• Majestic Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2007, 05:30:23 am »
well she's a dollbaby and totaly belongs with you. you have no clue how much im looking foreward to watching her grow, she's such a LOVIE plz kiss her nose for me....

and post more pics asap!
Christina
mother of:
2 babies
2 great danes -Duramax
              -boog

"Some days you're the dog; some days you're the hydrant." -Unknown

Offline zchic

• Paw-meister
    • View Profile
    • Tisha's Barkin' Bodega
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2007, 07:08:14 pm »
I haven't read that book... I am wondering if t
Well, Gracie OBVIOUSLY planned this knowing it was the fastest way to get back where she belonged. She is such a gorgeous girl, and I love the pics of her with her big sis (who OMG has gotten so big!!!)!

Just wondering if you have read the book Amazing Gracie? She's the deaf dane that was the inspiration for Three Dog Bakery. Great book!
named her after that dog or what. I found a rescue for deaf danes called gracieland too...I was going to change her name to Gwen...but Gracie really seems to fit her???
-Jodi
Mom to:
Morgayne- Wolfhound pup

1996-2007

Offline kathryn

• Supreme Drooler
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2007, 07:21:48 pm »
I'm so glad that Gracie is back where she belongs.  I hope things work out for Beau today also. 
Kaila - Belgian Malinois
Shiner - Malinois x Ridgeback
Toulouse, Cayenne, Raven - DSH

Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, the Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off. We apologize for the inconvenience

Offline jc1231

• Ankle Biter
  • "Dog" days of summer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2007, 07:38:37 pm »
It's so awesome, that you got her back! Grateful that your neighbors had sense enough to know when to quit.

Congrats!  ;D

I hope your visit goes well for Beau also.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed. ;)
When all forward progress seems to be going in reverse, remember Mom spelled backwards is still Mom.

Jennifer
Mom to 5 kids and 1 big dog :)