Author Topic: deformed dog in GA needs help *UPDATE #2*  (Read 4141 times)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
deformed dog in GA needs help *UPDATE #2*
« on: September 05, 2007, 07:19:52 pm »
saw this ad on craigslist and i wish i had the $$ and time to help this poor baby.  maybe someone else in GA does though??

------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-415413458@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-09-06, 12:08PM EDT

I am hoping someone who has a kind heart will go save this girl before her time is up at Clayton Co Animal Control in Jonesboro, GA. They are 15min South of Atlanta off I-85. Usually people pass up these dogs that don't "look right" and i'm telling you that the dogs that don't "look right" are the most sweetest and most loyal. It's almost like they know there is something wrong with them and they are so thankful that someone would love them enough to go adopt them out of all the cute puppies and normal looking dogs. Please read below and try to help her. They gas all dogs on Tue and Fri (tomorrow). She is probably considered low on adoption scale so she won't have much time. Please let me know if someone goes to get her. Thanks for looking!
The phone number to Clayton Co Animal Shelter is 770-477-3684. Her Id tag is 074555. Make sure you give them this ID number. They have a problem with getting dogs confused.

We gave this little girl the name Daiquiri because, well.... she looks like she's been put in a blender and given a good spin! All 4 of her legs have some bone deformities and her jaw sits somewhat askew and protrudes out in the front quite severely. All of this somehow makes for one adorable dog though. She is only about 20 lbs but could stand to fill out a little bit. Please come and meet this one of a kind girl before her time is up. All animals adopted from Clayton Co Animal Control must be spayed or neutered within 30 days of adoption. A low cost spay/neuter certificate will be issued at the time of adoption.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 06:19:00 pm by schelmischekitty »
steffanie in atlanta

aiden (4), tristan (2), & maya (born sept. 17th)
axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
peanut-5lb, 11 months chihuahua
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Icerotti

Re: deformed dog in GA needs help ASAP
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2007, 07:30:05 pm »
awww I hope she finds a special home asap!

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: deformed dog in GA needs help ASAP *heart breaking pic included*
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 07:30:36 pm »
any idea what's wrong with her?
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)
[img width= height= alt=Image Hosted by ImageShack.us]http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/3339/alltogethernowme6.jpg[/img]

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: deformed dog in GA needs help ASAP *UPDATE*
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2007, 07:15:47 pm »
Daiquiri (as she has been named b/c it looks like she was put in a blender) is getting a home today, YAY!
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline Pyr Heaven

• Grand Master
    • View Profile
    • My Dogster Page
Re: deformed dog in GA needs help *UPDATE*
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 07:19:55 pm »
Awww! Yayyyy! When I saw her last night I just wanted to run down to georgia and get her.

Woohooo!!! Daquiri is going to a loving home ;D
*~*~Samantha~*~*
Milwaukee, Wi

----Miles----
Great Pyrenees

Offline jc1231

• Ankle Biter
  • "Dog" days of summer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2007, 07:23:36 pm »
HoooRay for Daquiri!!!!!

Thanks for the update.
When all forward progress seems to be going in reverse, remember Mom spelled backwards is still Mom.

Jennifer
Mom to 5 kids and 1 big dog :)

Offline Sillygoose

• Top Doggie Dog
  • I love my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2007, 08:33:20 pm »
That is great news! She looks like such a sad soul in that picture. Hurray for Daquiri.

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: deformed dog in GA needs help *UPDATE #2*
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 06:19:44 pm »
OKAY, so her home fell through, they couldn't get there in time.  thankfully, though, a local rescue was also told about her and DID go get her, so she is about to start her recovery (whatever they may be able to do for her)! 
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)

Offline schelmischekitty

• Chief "All Knowing"
    • View Profile
    • myspace
Re: deformed dog in GA needs help *UPDATE #2*
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 06:38:33 pm »
i just found out the first home fell through  :(  at least she'll be able to receive donations, etc, and get all her work done and have a great life, though  ;D  any ideas yet on what could have caused that??
steffanie in atlanta

axle-140ish-lb akita (4)